High DPI screens

Fonts look blurry on high DPI screens with the font sizes set > 100%. Any from Agilebits reading this and have an ETA on a fix?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @pds22.

What DPI setting are you using, on what size screen, and in what version of Windows, please?

Thanks for your help!

• pds22
    pds22
    Community Member

This is on windows 8.1. It's a 13" screen with 3200x1800 resolution screen - 275dpi. I've seen the same problem on 13" 1080p screens too. I believe the software needs to be updated to scale correctly on hidpi screens. Of course I can set the font size to 100% but then its too small to read.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Wow, I've got a 15-inch monitor set to 1630 by 1004, and everything looks great. (I don't think I have the option to select a setting that large...er, small...well, you know what I mean.) Anyway, I'll mention it to the developer. Thanks!

• pds22
    pds22
    Community Member

It's an awesome screen - Samsung Ativ 9 plus. However, I had the exact same issue on a Sony 13" pro, which has a 1080p screen. You can kind of fix it by going in the file preferences and select 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings', which is not really a solution. As retina screens become more common on PCs, you will be hearing about this more and more. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional input! I've brought it to the attention of Development.

(By the way, I trust your forum avatar doesn't reflect your level of satisfaction with 1Password! /:) )

• pds22
    pds22
    Community Member

Nope! The system chose it for me. Guess it thinks I'm grumpy :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

:D I'm glad it was a random selection!

I've been reminded, by the way, that the problem of fonts being less than ideal at high resolutions is a known issue, which we hope to resolve in the next major version of 1Password for Windows.

Thanks for your patience as we work to get version 4 ready.

This discussion has been closed.