Password generator won't fill

Options
jdnourse
jdnourse
Community Member

I used the password generator to generate a new password, and clicked "fill", but it failed to fill in the boxes. And even if I clicked back to the web page to fill it in manually, the password generator disappeared, along with the generated password. Is this a bug?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The generated password should be stored for you in the Passwords category if it's not associated with a saved login.

Stephen

• jdnourse
    jdnourse
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I see that. Now, how about functionality to automatically "fill" the generated passwords into the appropriate boxes on the appropriate web page?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdnourse,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

If you are using 1Password to create a new password on a site's "change password" page, in most cases clicking the 'Fill' button will paste the generated password into the two fields. We're constantly working on improving this feature though, so if there is a specific site that is not behaving for you, please send it along so we can do some further tests.

The 'Fill' button is set by default to 'Copy to Clipboard before Filling', so that you can easily update your current Login entry by pasting your newly generated password. If you don't have an existing 1Password Login entry for the site, you can always click on the entry in the Password category and use the handy 'Convert to Login' button.

I hope this answers your questions, but if we can help with anything further, please don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.