Safari Extension after Mavericks upgrade not logging in

Options
pburnett
pburnett
Community Member

I upgraded my MBA to Mavericks and the safari extension won't log in. There is a red badge 1, and when I enter my pw it says connecting and starts a counter. Access on Firefox is fine. Any advice?

Comments

• pburnett
    pburnett
    Community Member
    Options

I have uninstalled the Safari extension, reset Safari, then downloaded the extension again. This time, it says it can't fine 1password app on my computer. I don't have it on this MacBook Air, i have it on my desktop. It is working on firefox just fine and as before. I'm really irked by this. Am I looking for support in the right place?

• pburnett
    pburnett
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh so very complicated and very involved. Apparently I needed to have 1password application 4.0 downloaded (can't upgrade from the app, doesn't tell you in app store it's an upgrade, looks like it wants to charge $50, blah blah confusion). Downloaded it from agile bits site.

Then it goes into removing the browser extensions, testing a pw update, make sure you updated, don't lose data - scary. Whatever, I uninstalled, installed 4.0, then reinstalled the extensions. I'm tired. Looks like it's working. I've never had to work so hard to make an application work.

I hope iCloud becomes dependable. 1password is too involved. :-(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pburnett,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a process here, but I am pleased that you seem to have gotten sorted out. If you do have any questions, please send me a message directly and I'll do my best to sort things out just as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.