1PW 4.01 Extension for Safari 7.0 Uninstalls Sporadically

Options
Jim_Tampa
Jim_Tampa
Community Member
  1. Running Mavericks and 1PW 4.0.5. On several occasions over the last few weeks I've discovered the 1PW icon missing from the Toolbar. I reinstall it and the extension works okay for a day or so, then disappears again. Would appreciate help in correcting this problem.

2. Not sure if this is related, but the extension seems to not like residing to the left of the Safari's Address window. The extension installs to the right of the window, but I like it on the left. Sometimes I open Safari and the 1PW Extension icon has moved from the left side to the right side.

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jim_Tampa,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Since you've written in, 1Password has been updated to version 4.0.9 (if you're using our website version) or 4.0.8 (if you purchased via the Mac App Store). Please let me know if an update cures this vanishing and jumping extension. If it hasn't, we'll of course investigate further :)

• Jim_Tampa
    Jim_Tampa
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi Megan,

I'm using 4.1 (Mac App Store) now, and the 1PW Extension icon is staying in place to the left of the address window. I believe this was the case for 4.0.8, too. Thanks for getting back to me. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi, @Jim_Tampa. On behalf of @Megan, you're most welcome.

As far as I know Safari extension icons always install/update on the right end of the toolbar. And when the browser window is too narrow for all extension icons to be displayed those furthest on the right are the first to be placed under a » chevron there. Not sure either are related to your issue but figured I'd mention them anyway. :)

Best wishes for your holidays, too!

This discussion has been closed.