Fills in Username but not Password Windows XP

Sometimes it only fills in part of the Username. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Joespanol, I'm sorry you're having a problem with 1Password.

Do you mean it's filling in only part of the username, as in "my_usern" rather than "my_username"?

If so, are you using the main 1Password program or one of the browser extensions—if the latter, what version of which browser?

Also, what version of 1Password are you using?

With a little more information, I hope we can figure out what's going on and get things working again.

Thanks for your assistance!

• Joespanol
    Joespanol
    Community Member

Dear DBrown, first of all, with all your customers I never expected to get an answer back, especially so quickly. So, thank very much you for that.
    The problem of the part username missing has disappeared now and my new problem is that once I enter Ctrl\ the dialog box with the username and password flashes briefly, then a blank page shows up and my login and website have disappeared. I have tried this about 10 times and keep getting the same result. Can you help with this one?
    I am using the standalone main version of the program - the trial version V1.09.338. I have to admit that I don't know how to use the IE extension.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

We try hard to answer right away, and I have the relative uxury of being able to focus solely on our Windows products. As for the resolution of your problem, YAY! We'll gladly take the win, even if it's led to a new problem. :)

Ctrl+\ isn't expected to do anything in the main 1Password program; it's the key combination that you use in a browser (if the 1Password extension for that browser has been enabled) to invoke 1Password to do either of these things:

• Let you select one of your saved Login items, go to the associated URL, fill in the username and password fields, and optionally submit the form

• Just fill in the username and password saved in the Login item for the web site that's currently open in the browser, and optionally submit the form

If you've enabled the 1Password extension for any of your available browsers, can you get it to work in either of the ways I describe above?

This discussion has been closed.