Looking to add sync to disparate files. Any how tos or gotchas to what for?

Have 1P on my Mac, Windows, and iPhone and syncing happily. Have 1P on another Windows box that, because Dropbox was blocked on that network, didn't sync. I'm looking to add this guy to the mix. Any tips on merging these data?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @jktravis. This should work for you:

1. On your PC that's sync'ed through Dropbox, view the General tab of 1Password preferences, and find the exact location of your 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

2. In Windows Explorer (not IE), copy the entire 1Password.agilekeychain folder to a removable storage device, and move that storage device to the PC that's denied Dropbox access.

3. On that PC, view the General tab of 1Password preferences, and find the exact location of your 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

4. Quit 1Password.

5. In Windows Explorer, drag that 1Password.agilekeychain folder to the Desktop (just for safekeeping), and then copy the 1Password.agilekeychain folder from the removable storage device into its place.

6. Restart 1Password, and unlock your data with the same master password you use on the other devices.

7. When you're sure everything's working, you can move the old 1Password.agilekeychain folder from the Desktop to the Trash.

Important points:

• Be sure to move the entire .agilekeychain folder, not just its contents.

• Don't copy a .agilekeychain folder over another .agilekeychain folder; the "merged" results will not be a usable 1Password data set.

• Be sure to retain the .agilekeychain extension; otherwise, 1Password won't recognize the folder as a valid 1Password data set.

I hope that help, @jktravis. Please let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.