1Password won't open

I've downloaded dropbox and it is working fine. but when I try to open 1password after downloading the program, I get only three options: Open existing data, open new data, and restore previous data. all three options take me to my own computer. How can I link this program with my data that is online? How can I use this program to work like it does on my iPad? the support page said something about clicking the help icon, but there is no help icon . Only those three option are available.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Are you sure your iPad syncs with Dropbox? If it doesn't, then there probably isn't any 1Password data in your Dropbox (yet), and this would explain why 1Password for Windows does not detect it.

Alternatively, you might want to click on the button that reads "Open 1Password Data", browse to your Dropbox directory, and then select 1Password.agilekeychain (assuming you do have 1Password data in your Dropbox)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Note that Dropbox data is on your computer, @dancamp009. That's the point of sync'ing: you have a copy of your 1Password data on each device that you sync through your Dropbox account, as well as a copy on your private Dropbox web site.

This discussion has been closed.