can this work on my iphone?

Options

I have this version on my imac. I'm going away and would like to access my passwords from my iphone. I tried the dropbox thing but it did not work from my iphone. Maybe I was clicking on the wrong thing but that file opens on from dropbox on my imac but the same file in dropbox does not work from my iphone.

Do I have any other choices to be able to see or use my passwords from my iphone while I'm traveling?

Susan

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pixiegirl,

You have 2 options to access your 1Password database on your iOS device.

1. If your phone is capable of running iOS6+, you can purchase 1Password 4 for iOS. If you'd like, you can check it out here http://j.mp/1P4-ia . Some of the cool new features include:
    • Favorites
    • Folders
    • Browser with tabs
    • Browser fills credit cards, identities, and usernames/passwords
    • iCloud Syncing
    • Attachment viewing
    • Automatic Clipboard Clearing
    • Many many more
    1. If you sync your data data in Dropbox, you have access to your 1Password data via 1Password Anywhere. Just visit the Dropbox website ( https://www.dropbox.com ) via your mobile browser, navigate to your 1Password folder and click on the 1Password.html file. This will bring up a locked vault window (the same as you would see in the desktop app). Once you type in your Master Password, you can see all your current login information. You can then copy and paste your username and password into websites you visit as necessary. Please note that this is a read-only feature, so while you can copy and paste your login information, you would not be able to add or make any changes to your database.

Please let me know if you have any further questions! :)

• pixiegirl
    pixiegirl
    Community Member
    Options

I"m sorry that does not work. I tried to use 1 Password from my ipad via the html file in Dropbox like you said above and I get a message that a "key data file" is missing. I don't even remotely understand the directions online to fix this. Something about syncing not complete, and verify the file is there,,, what file? and where is "there"? I can't make this work.

• pixiegirl
    pixiegirl
    Community Member
    Options

Oh and furthermore, it says to click the words key data file in the message I got that says its missing. I do that and NOTHING happens. So I don't even know what is missing or how to fix it al all.

• pixiegirl
    pixiegirl
    Community Member
    Options

Right now I can load up the vault from Dropbox on my ipad but I type in my password for the vault but it won't open. Now I do get virtually no cellular reception in my house but I have great wifi. I know the wifi is fine because I'm on it now. And my ipad works fine... i can go to any website, including my bank and sign in but 1password vault will not open. Just won't work for me on wifi and I won't know if it works on cellular until I leave the house tomorrow. This is so weird. I need my passwords!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pixiegirl,

I'm so sorry for the confusion here, but you will need to access the html file via a mobile browser, and not the Dropbox app. The error that you mention suggests that you are attempting to access 1Password Anywhere from the Dropbox app.

If you are using a mobile browser and still seeing the same message, we'll need to take a closer look at 1Password on your Mac. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

MAC, 1Password 3:
    If you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or OS X 10.7 Lion: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

If you are using OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.