installing shared license on the 2nd machine

Options
jther
jther
Community Member

I purchased the Family license upgrade and have installed 1Password4 on the first machine and was ready to go for the 2nd machine. I couldn't find specific instructions, so I muddled through. My question is--DID I DO IT RIGHT?? This is what I did:
1. Downloaded 1Password4 on the 2nd machine(this will be a first-time user);
2. ran through the minimal stuff for setting things up and getting it running;
3. saw the 'welcome, you have 30 days to try it out' page..then I said OOPS!;
4. logged on to my agile bits account while at the 2nd machine and downloaded the license filel;
5. went into 1Password4 on the 2nd machine, clicked on the 'License' and selected 'change license';
6. selected the license file('Gold is Good') in my downloads folder and opened it.
7. 1Password4 'License' stuff now shows that the license key on this machine is part of the 'family license' that I'd purchased.
8. License key file remains in the Download folder on both machines (okay to leave it there??)
I suppose everything is okay, but I'd feel much better if someone who knows what they're doing could reassure me. It was just too simple to be right!!
Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jther,

It sounds like you have done everything correctly - don't worry. I'm so glad to hear that you found the process so simple!

You are welcome to leave the license file in your downloads folder, or delete it. Some people choose to attach it to their license information in the 'Software Licenses' section of 1Password as well. But you do always have access to it through our Customer Care Centre, so anything further you want to do to save it is entirely up to you :)

• jther
    jther
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Yup, I attached the license file to the Software License section. I also scanned my receipt and attached it there, too. I'm getting so organized now that I'm starting to scare myself...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jther,

High-fives for OCD organization ... I'm right there with you ;)

This discussion has been closed.