All Attached Files Deleted!!!

Options
Sublimaze
Sublimaze
Community Member

In an attempt to follow best practices, I used nonsensical answers to the security questions on multiple secure sites, Apple, credit cards etc..

Unfortunately I then attached text files with the answers to my logins in 1Password, assuming it would work as advertised and save this information for me securely. Well since the upgrade to version 4, every single attached text file has vanished into thin air leaving no trace of their prior existence, leaving me with hours of work to do now rebuilding and re-confirming my identity to multiple logins.

And while I guess I'm guilty of putting eggs in one basket by trusting this app with this information, I fell for the whole "premium service" and "quality app" hype that surrounds this product. This is weak sauce for an app that claims to be superior to the others and charges a hefty price, what is it now $50.00?

iOS app barely functions with iOS7 as well, slow, buggy and the Safari extension is now a joke (doesn't fill in most forms, keeps telling me I have an out of date extension when I've already re-installed the new one about 4 times).

I'd ask for my money back but what it will really cost me is time and Agile does not have enough money to reimburse me for the amount of time I'm going to have to spend to un-screw this situation.

Sincerely,

Unhappy Customer

Comments

• Sublimaze
    Sublimaze
    Community Member
    Options

Crickets chirping.......

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Sublimaze

I would hazard a guess they are not missing out right... but hiding. I have some of my attachments that are not showing in 1Password 4 however if I open my keychain with 1Password 3 they are still attached and viewable. I mentioned this to support a few days back.

So in short download 1Password 3 from here https://agilebits.com/downloads Click on the release notes and it will take you to a page where you can download v3. This is the direct link for the latest version of 1Password 3 https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/mac/1Password-3.8.21.zip

1. *You can use it in trial mode just to make sure the attachments are intact.
    2. ** You do not need to install the v3 extensions all you want to do is open the app and visually make sure the attachments are present.
    3. *** in order to check the attachments with v3 you will need to setup Dropbox syncing from 1Password 4, if you don't use it already. This setup creates the keychain that 1Password 3 can read. If you don't have Dropbox or have reservations about it. You can elect to use folder sync which will create the same keychain. Just place it somewhere like your Desktop.
    4. If you already use Dropbox syncing then just point 1Password 3 at the keychain.

I am just making a guess on what I found about a week ago, and from one user to another. If they don't appear when looking at v3. I think you will need to email/contact support@agilebits.com Make sure and include a link to this topic.

• Sublimaze
    Sublimaze
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower

I will try this when I get a chance, if they're still there that would be an immense relief,

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!!

• Sublimaze
    Sublimaze
    Community Member
    Options

In case anybody is having the same issue, the fix recommended by @thightower worked very well, thanks again!!

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sublimaze, we're glad to hear everything is working now. If you need anything else, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.