Please help with applying license [resolved]

Options
timsquires
timsquires
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Hello, I have just purchased a family license for 1Password for Mac.

I have downloaded the license key as per the instructions, but when I double click on the file, nothing happens.

I have tried going to "add license" in the 1Password menu, but it then asks me to enter my license key. But because the download won't open, I don't know what my license key is and therefore cannot enter it.

I would be grateful for some help with this.

Many thanks.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@timsquires

Sounds as if you may have downloaded1Password 3 ? 1Password 3 asks for a license key and 1Password 4 asks for the file. You posted in the 1Password 4 section. So I would like to clarify which version it is you are trying to use.

Because you said you just purchased a family license, I will make a guess and say you intended v4. If you need to download v4 please got to the downloads page. https://agilebits.com/downloads

• timsquires
    timsquires
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I had just been using my trail version and hadn't realized that there had been an upgrade. I'll give that a try when I return home from work this evening and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

• timsquires
    timsquires
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just a quick update: I have downloaded the correct version and the license seems now to be working. Thanks again for your help.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Thats great @timsquires I am glad your sorted, if you have other issues or questions feel free to drop in.

This discussion has been closed.