Purchasing App When I paid for the upgrade

Options
country1
country1
Community Member

I am trying to install the extension in Safari and it is asking me to install the App which cost $49. I already paid for my upgrade from 3 to 4 for my mac so do I need to purchase 1 password app to run on safari?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Are you installing the browser extension from within the 1Password 4 main application? There is the option to do that in the 1Password 4 menu. I don't think you will get asked to buy anything if you do that.

Just a thought. Hope it's useful.

• country1
    country1
    Community Member
    Options

It installs fine in Firefox but it still asks for the APP in Safari when I do Install Browser Extension from within 1 password 4 for OSX.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@country1

Sounds possibly like its looking for 1Password 4 and is unable to locate it. Have you downloaded v4 and ran it at least once ? I would guess it may be picking up on an old version of 1Password 3 if you still have it installed.

Make sure you have v4 open (unlocked or locked really should make no difference) and then try the install of the extension again. I would try the install from the menu myself.

Just to clarify the different icons look like this. *The Mac App Store version of 1Password 4 is only called "1Password" and doesn't not have the number "4" in its name. But uses the same icon as 1Password 4 referenced in the screen shot.

If you are a website customer and sounds like you are as you mentioned upgrade. You can download v4 here .

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @country1.

Your AgileBits account does indeed show you've already purchased a 1Password 4 for Mac license upgrade. Like @thightower mentioned, the software can be downloaded from here:

Download AgileBits Software

Installation, setup, and basic usage instructions start here:

Installing 1Password 4 for Mac

And this article describes how to add your license to it:

How do I add my license to 1Password 4?

If you need more help with this or anything else please don't hesitate to ask! :)

This discussion has been closed.