Autofilled password is incomplete (mega.co.nz) [confirmed]

Options
grahamnp
grahamnp
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

This issue only appears to affect MEGA (mega.co.nz)

My autofilled passwords were getting rejected so I tried copy + pasting them manually into the field. When doing that, I realised that the pasted password is visibly longer than the autofilled password. It seems that it was not being entered in its entirety.

I contacted MEGA as I suspected it was an issue with their site. I'm not convinced that they actually bothered to understand my query but they strongly discouraged me from using a password manager for security reasons (makes no sense?) and did not offer a solution. I don't know if the issue is with 1Password and it's not a big deal either way but just in case it's a compatibility issue and it becomes more prevalent, I'm letting you know.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @grahamnp.

First, thanks for letting us know. :)

Please give this workaround a try and let me know your results:

Fill the login form twice in a row.

I manually saved a new Login item. After the first fill with it the login form looked like this (with an obviously overfilled password field):

And the second fill it looked like this (with a correct length password field):

Take a look at the web form details for the Login item to get an idea of why this is trying to outsmart 1Password. We'll have to dig deeper to figure out if it can be made to work on the first fill attempt.

• grahamnp
    grahamnp
    Community Member
    Options

Hi oversoul,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply.

I did try make a second login and can't find any difference between the original autosaved one and my 2nd manually created one.

You're right, filling it in twice in a row works. I'm content with that for now as it's not a big inconvenience, just thought I'd let you know.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @grahamnp.

I appreciate that additional information and your reply doesn't seem late at all. :)

Right now there's nothing new to offer about this but I'll be sure to let you know if there is.

Enjoy your holidays!

• artoor
    artoor
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I'd like to inform you that I encounter the same problem and the solution given by sjk works very well. However if you find the method to deal with this issue please let me also know about it :)

Regards,
    Artur

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for confirming this issue and the workaround, Artur ( @artoor ).

I have filed a report in our tracker about it.

This discussion has been closed.