Chrome browser extension generated password history issue

Options
tvacula
tvacula
Community Member

I have spent some time this morning trying to clean up a few sites with duplicate, simple passwords. One, when the dialog pops up asking me to save the new login information to a new, or update an existing login, I select update existing, but the updated information does not appear. Neither in the extension, mini, or the main program. To further complicate the issue, I then go to the browser extension, where I generated the new password, but when I navigate to the password history, it only gives me the web address of the site I'm trying to update, and no opportunity to copy the previously generated password.

I have gone back to the main 1Password program and manually edited the password, thankfully not having overwritten the latest password still in the clipboard.

Am I doing something wrong? I have restarted the browser; restarted 1Password mini.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @tvacula.

I'm sorry updating your passwords with 1P4 has been troublesome. Are you running 4.1.1 now?

What are the steps you've used to change a password that didn't work properly? And after changing one and updating the corresponding Login item could you determine the item did get updated by checking its last modified timestamp in item details even though other data apparently remained unchanged? Could you post the URL of any site where you've had problems with 1P4 password updating?

After using Fill or Copy in the 1P mini Password Generator you should be able to find items with those password in the Passwords category, in addition to being in the clipboard, both in 1P mini and when the category is selected in the main app sidebar:

Thanks in advance for any additional information to help us resolve this problem.

This discussion has been closed.