Why are two verisons of 1Password?

Options
jp28md
jp28md
Community Member

OK. Long time user of 1Password 3. I have been using the Beta of 1Password 4 with great success. Not sure which version I'm using, "The web site one or the Mac Apple Store one?
And I'm a little confused why there are two different one's?
Does the web site one only have the capability to use iCloud, and the MAS does not?
Want to officially upgrade to 1Password 4 with the one that is capible of syncing with iCloud (have other iDevices to keep in sync. And how to go from Beta to official app. My emails to support have gone unanswered.
Thanks for any help you guys can pass along.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

A major reason why there are two different versions is that AgileBits for a while thought they might move to App Store only, and then decided not to.

If you want to use iCloud you should buy the App Store version (currently the web site version also works with iCloud, but Apple could remove that functionality at any time, so AgileBits does not officially support use of iCloud with the web version). If you want to keep other devices in sync there is no need to use iCloud, many of us use Dropbox. That's a matter of personal choice.

This discussion has been closed.