1P prompting to save new login for existing vault entries

Hello,

I recently began going through all of my old logins and passwords to clean house and update bad passwords, but ran into a few odd things. This was with the previous version of 1P (3.1.2) and the current 3.1.3, build 30645).

I started to assign tags to a lot of my logins as I edited them (changing the title for most items). My keychain uses dropbox to sync between 3 Macs (all running 10.6.3) and I sync my iPhone and iPad using only the "master" iMac.

After I assigned tags I first noticed that under "Folders", the "Unfiled" smart folder showed a LOT less items than it should. Through some testing I discovered that smart folders do not deduct from the "All" folder count either, and I only had one regular folder. After deleting all custom folders, my "Unfiled" count did not match "All" or add up to the items in the Vault. I was able to drag everything from the Vault into Unfiled to get it to match numbers though.

Now, both during this discovery period and after, as I was surfing the web to log into my accounts I was being prompted by 1P to save a new login or replace an existing. From memory, I believe it mostly (or only) happened to login items that I changed the title for. After selecting replace login and saving, I could log out and log in again with no prompt.

Example: I had a login for "Amazon.com (email@address.com)", and entry first saved with 1P ver. 2. I changed it to just "Amazon" and 1P prompted me to save as new, or replace "Amazon".

I figured it had something to do with that item not being in the "Unfiled" smart folder, so I watched it. At one point I had 27 unfiled items (and All was 167), with no other folders. I logged into a website, chose "replace" and expected Unfiled to increase to 28, but it didn't do that. That was just a guess, so after trying a few times I gave up and copied all Vault items into the Unfiled folder.

Anyway, long story even longer: after deleting every folder and every tag, I went to a few more websites and logged in, and both times (for paypal.com and for https://erf.scibew-neca.org/eERF/Home.do) it again prompted me for a new save or replace the existing. Again, replacing the item had no visible effect to the vault entry, but something causes 1P to associate the website login to the vault entry.

Hope that makes sense, I'm not sure if the tags, folders, or title changes have any correlation to the save prompt appearing but that's why I included the information. Any ideas why I'm being prompted again? It's not a terribly big deal, but it makes me concerned about all the info I have in 1P now and possible data corruption.

Thanks,
Dustin

Comments

• Dust'o
    edited December 1969
    Hi Stu,

Thanks for the fast response! What you suggested fixed the issue. I was even able to reproduce it first. I had the latest update of 1P installed, found a login that prompted, and just "X"ing out instead of saying "replace" allowed me to log out and in and it would prompt again.

I then did the extensions reinstall and I was no longer prompted to save the login.

Thanks a bunch! :-D
This discussion has been closed.