Importing from SpbWallet

I am trying to import my data from SpbWallet. I browsed the forum and know that there is no direct way to do it. I went through the "trouble" of writing a 15 line Perl script to convert Spb's plain text to a .csv only to find out that all my credit cards are imported as logins. I even created one manually to look at the 1PIF format. It looks like I won't be able to create the unique fields like UUIDs and keyID on my own. All the actual credit card data is stored in the secure notes section. I could theoretically convert my data into that format, but not sure if :
1) this will work without the header ( looks to be mandatory)
2) the amount of time to parse Spb's export is reasonably small to go through that

OTOH I saw references that you can import the data from some other programs in their specific formats to obtain items other than login. Can you provide the list of columns needed for that?

P.S. Other highly missing feature is the need to create cards of formats other than those few built-in and the ability to click on a card to go to it's web site rather than creating a separate login entry for that

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013

Thanks for the suggestions, @mzel! Those may be features that we can introduce in some future release of 1Password.

At this time:

• 1Password for Windows supports import of all 1Password item types in a 1PIF export file.

• 1Password for Windows supports import of Login items in a tab- or comma-delimited text file.

For details, please see the "How do I import data into 1Password?" article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Yes, I've seen that. It is now much of help here. I had been mentioning this thread: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/1750/importing-wallet-items
    Does the Mac version have more options?

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

And if 1PIF is the only way to go about it, how can I generate those HEX fields from my code? Are those required?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sorry, @mzel; I don't know anything about the intricacies of 1Password Interchange Format. My guess, though,ould be that the hex fields are generated using the encryption algorithm, your master password, and a bit of Christmas magic, the details of which would allow anyone to crack open anyone else's 1Password data. That's literally just a guess.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

OTOH I saw references that you can import the data from some other programs in their specific formats to obtain items other than login. Can you provide the list of columns needed for that?

This might help:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/import.html#csv--comma-separated-values

I posted in a beta thread:

So I've been curious about how well CSV importing works, and I gave it a shot.

• The line separator that I used was \n (012).

• Logins worked fine

• Credit Cards import, but I could not get a valid expire date to fill in the date field. I tried many different formats. Only the format "03/15" would add a value, but it was bogus: 53/201. I'm guessing the import code is not converting to the new date format that supports Days now.

• Double-quotes around multi-line fields, and fields that contain a comma, worked correctly.

• Software Licenses worked, with again the exception of the Date field.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please note that 1Password for Windows import and 1Password for Mac import are (for better or worse) completely different.

For details of 1Password for Windows import requirements and capabilities, please see the "How do I import data into 1Password?" article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

@DBrown - I think we discussed that. Windows version supports only logins, right?

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

@MrC - Thanks, this is helpful. I will give it a try. At this point I still do not understand whether this would allow me to import any type of an entry other than those 4 listed there. Is all of this possible with the current Mac version only?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

For details of 1Password for Windows import requirements and capabilities, please see the "How do I import data into 1Password?" article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.

This discussion has been closed.