Mac & Windows Extensions

I have recently upgraded to 1P4 and now find that the extensions for 1P4 Mac and 1P1 Win arent compatible with each other. So I have to keep both extensions on the Chrome browsers I use on my mac and windows machines.
Will there be a extension version that will be compatible with both platforms anytime soon. It bugs me to see one of the extensions with an exclamation mark on the browser.
Apologies if this is posted on the wrong section.
Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @arulkl,

I apologize for the inconvenience here. Unfortunately, because the browser extension was completely re-designed between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4, you will need to disable Chrome extension sync in order to use both the appropriate extension in Windows and Mac. This is a temporary situation, once 1Password 4 for Windows is out of beta testing, the extensions will once again be compatible.

You can disable extension sync in Chrome > Settings > Advanced Sync Settings.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions.

• guzabi
    guzabi
    Community Member

Sorry to bump this up but today I upgraded from 1password 3 for Mac to 1password 4 for Mac and Windows (I've been waiting to do this for a loooong time now). I'm really disappointed that the exact reeason why I wanted to upgrade (password syncing between my PC and my Mac, most notably in Chrome) is precisely an issue right now. How unpleasant.

Could you please update on this and tell me whether this will be resolved very soon? Again, I'm really disappointed that the exact reason why I agreed to pay an extra $27+ is not what I get today.

Or give me a workaround? I disabled extension sync in Chrome, uninstalled the extension on my Windows machine, but now I find that no compatible extension is listed on the Chrome web store. So, basically, I'm screwed. No way to access my data. App is installed on both machines, data does sync through Dropbox (apparently ok), but no Chrome extension. Please do something! I really don't want to wait 6 months for a new version of the Windows app, nor do I want to pay for it to just work…

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best regards.

(PS : I'm pissed by this issue but I'm also very pleased with 1password in general, so please help!)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @guzabi‌

I sincerely apologize for the difficulty here. Here's how to find the extensions for Windows:

• Launch 1Password and click Preferences.
    • Select Browsers, and click the button for Install Chrome Extension.
    • Chrome should open the extension installation page.
    • Click Download next to Chrome and confirm the installation.

Please do let me know if you run into any trouble here.

As far as 1Password 4 for Windows goes, while I can't provide any details on just when it will be released, I can tell you that beta testing has been looking pretty great, and we'll get it out to you all just as soon as possible!

This discussion has been closed.