Dropbox Syncing Breaks With New Version Of Mavericks

Options
pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

It has only happened with new OS versions and only since 1Password 4, now 4.1 was released. It only happens once and when I reset it all is good until maybe the next OS. I saw the issue on my old Macbook Air when 4.0 was first released during 10.9. My new computer came with Mavericks and I installed both Dropbox and 1Password as new apps and set the syncing up from scratch. No issues until this computer got the final 10.9.1 release. It says it has synced in preferences but it actually hasn't. As before you must disable syncing and then re-enable it to sync with Dropbox again. Once the syncing is reset there are no more problems until the next time. I just checked my wife's computer which is also a new 13 rMBP and was set up from scratch also with Dropbox and 1Password and the new items that I had recently added were missing there as well. She just upgraded to 10.9.1 so it is the new versions that are breaking the syncing. I just disabled and re-enabled the Dropbox syncing on hers and all the new items appeared.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pappjo,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Unfortunately, this is a known bug that our developers are working to fix. I am so sorry that you have run into this, but essentially, what is happening is that when the computer is re-started, 1Password loses permission to sync to Dropbox. Resetting sync will fix this.

We very much appreciate your patience here - we know how important sync is, and we'll have it running smoothly again just as soon as we can! :)

This discussion has been closed.