Not playing nice with Internet Explorer 11

Options

Is anybody else having trouble with 1Password and Internet Explorer 11? I am constantly having to log into 1Password. It seems to refresh all the tabs and restart Internet Explorer from time to time. And on occasion it completely locked up all the tabs where I have to open the Task Manager and quit the program. So far, the only useful feature has been the password generator. Perhaps I'm using it improperly? And I've tried it with Chrome and with Safari, and each have their own little quirks. But given IE is the safest browser out there, I prefer to use that. Can anybody shed some light on this for me? Thank you.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I saw a strange "flashing" of the Logins list in the Internet Explorer extension, on a customer's computer, this morning, but I've been unable to reproduce the problem on my own test systems. I definitely haven't seen the kind of problems you're describing, @Leatherman.

Let's see whether anyone else has been, in case it helps us narrow down the possible causes.

• Leatherman
    Leatherman
    Community Member
    Options

I'm happy to submit a screen capture if there is a place to do so.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Post a screen shot to some publicly accessible location, such as your Dropbox/Public folder; then cite it here in the forum using this syntax:

![](http://domain-name.com/path/to/image-file.jpg)

That's an exclamation mark, opening and closing square brackets, an opening parenthesis, the full URL of the PNG or JPG file, and a closing parenthesis, all with no intervening spaces.

• KellenS
    KellenS
    Community Member
    Options

Yes 1password extension is crashing constantly for me in IE11 too. This is what's causing your tabs to be reloaded. I've disabled 1password on IE and use chrome when I need to have the 1password extension work. I'd love to see this fixed though as IE11 is my favorite browser.

I'm not sure that screenshots are going to be useful in fixing the problem other than showing that the process has crashed and the tabs are being reloaded. Are there any log files we can submit or memory dumps we can send? To reproduce just use IE11 in windows 8.1 for a day or two with 1password installed.

• Leatherman
    Leatherman
    Community Member
    Options

I have to say that while switching to Chrome is an option, Chrome itself doesn't work properly with a lot of sites. And I've had issues in Chrome as well, but I am not using it right now in order to figure out what's going on here.

This discussion has been closed.