slow response in Internet Explorer

Options
DBrown
DBrown
1Password Alumni
edited January 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from a comment split from the "Not playing nice with Internet Explorer 11" thread.

Comments

• omzaz
    omzaz
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, I'm also having problems with 1Password+IE, but the nature of my problems seem different. Every time I try to use the extension (i.e. to fill or capture a password), it takes 5-10 seconds to perform the action. This is too slow. With Chrome, the extension is snappy. I have emailed support with my issue and am awaiting a response.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not able to reproduce that problem, @omzaz.

On my system, the response to Ctrl+\ is almost immediate. The only delay is for the "new version" check (if it's the first use of the day) and to enter my master password (if the data folder is locked).

• EricLee
    EricLee
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same slowness issue. Everything seems to be slow about 1Password in IE. Chrome is snappy. For instance, clicking on the dropdown list to select the credentials to fill in takes around 7 seconds all the time.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

Everything seems to be slow about 1Password in IE

1. Where is your 1Password data? On a local drive? Networked drives can slow 1Password down.
    2. Do you have an anti-virus "solution"? If yes, which one? McAfee is notorious for slowing 1Password down.

Thanks!

• EricLee
    EricLee
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using System Center Endpoint Protection. My data is located on my local SSD drive.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@EricLee, can you temporarily disable System Center Endpoint Protection and try the extension in IE again?

If the response time improves to what we're seeing and others are reporting, that would help us understand the problem. Then we could try to figure out a solution.

Thanks!

• charlie98
    charlie98
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using IE 11 and ctrl - \ is quite slow. if that were my only problem I'd be happy but I lost a generated password and to make matters even worse it would not fill so I copied and pasted, now lost. Winning The Future

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@charlie98, you can't see the generated password in the Generated Passwords vault in the upper left quadrant of the main 1Password window?

• charlie98
    charlie98
    Community Member
    Options

it was not visible, I have enabled that view but the password that I generated is not there. It was easy enough to fix, I got a reset from the website so at least I now know what the password is. On several occasions today I have had to restart IE 11 as 1PW was acting strange via ctrl - \, had to restart several times. I can hardly wait to get home and back onto my iMac.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please let us know if you see that problem again, @charlie98. Thanks!

• harveybernstein
    harveybernstein
    Community Member
    Options

I'm so glad it is not just me that is having this problem. IE11 and 1password is so slow and completely usable. It can take 20 seconds for the 1password screen to come up and in a lot of cases it just crashes IE. I'm running Windows 8.1. Firefox and Chrome work fine but for work I must use IE11. I've done an IE reset, this had not affect at all. I've checked that the Protected option is not ticked in IE options. I've see that there's a beta running for 1password and I tried to join that but have not had a response. Is the beta likely to solve my problem?

Many thanks
    Harvey

This discussion has been closed.