Dropbox Setup: buttons not clickable

Options
Andy11
Andy11
Community Member

Hi,
just installed the beta version on my Nexus 5 and so far the only bug I found was right in the beginning when setting up the Dropbox-Sync:
When asked to allow/deny access to Dropbox, the buttons were not clickable. Going back just asks for the Dropbox password but returns an error.
Rebooting the device fixes the problem however.

Comments

• mjschear
    mjschear
    Community Member
    Options
    • Having an issue setting up the dropbox sync. The dialogue comes up where it asks me to allow/disallow access to DB, and the buttons are unresponsive. Pressing the "back" key gets me to a dialogue asking to input my 1PW master PW. Doing so brings up a grey box showing errors/lines of code. Have to force close the app to get the error dialogue to clear.
    • Please ditch the "1 letter" requirement for master PWs. I don't want to have to toggle back and forth between alpha/numerical keyboards. I prefer to input either all letters or all numbers.
  • klindberg
    klindberg
    Community Member
    Options

I AGREE!! Please DITCH the '1 digit' requirement for the Master Password. I have ONE PASSWORD that I use for all my 1Password logins - Macintosh, iPad, iPod, Android (not version 4), etc.. I don't want to have to change ALL my logins. This is a unique password that only I know, adding a '1 digit' to it could be a problem.

• maddenwalker
    maddenwalker
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here with Moto X and 4.2.2

• timmins
    timmins
    Community Member
    Options

Same here with unresponsive Allow and Cancel buttons. Can't use the app at all.

• ishemes
    ishemes
    Community Member
    Options

I'm unable to link to Dropbox. I installed the app three times since I got the e-mail link. This is what happens:

1. I start the application
    2. I get the choice "I am a new 1Password user" or "My 1Password data is on Dropbox"; I choose the second option;
    3. Dropbox loads and asks for my pincode;
    4. I enter the pincode and a new screen opens with an "Allow" and "Cancel" button. Neither of this buttons work.
    5. If I press the universal back button on my Android device after pressing the "Allow" button my master password is asked.
    6. Entering my master password just results in a lot of errors fading in and out of the screen. The first line reads "We got an error Browsing your dropbox directory". This seems to indicate no access is given my Dropbox to 1Password.

I'm running CyanogenMod 10.2 with Android 4.3.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Ilan Shemes

• ishemes
    ishemes
    Community Member
    Options

I'm unable to link to Dropbox. I installed the app three times since I got the e-mail link. This is what happens:

1. I start the application
    2. I get the choice "I am a new 1Password user" or "My 1Password data is on Dropbox"; I choose the second option;
    3. Dropbox loads and asks for my pincode;
    4. I enter the pincode and a new screen opens with an "Allow" and "Cancel" button. Neither of this buttons work.
    5. If I press the universal back button on my Android device after pressing the "Allow" button my master password is asked.
    6. Entering my master password just results in a lot of errors fading in and out of the screen. The first line reads "We got an error Browsing your dropbox directory". This seems to indicate no access is given my Dropbox to 1Password.

I'm running CyanogenMod 10.2 with Android 4.3.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Ilan Shemes

• td_
    td_
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue. I'm running Stock Android 4.4.2 on a Nexus 4 with the 1Password version 4.0.0b8 (Build 20140115).

• phobus
    phobus
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

me too :(

stock nexus 5, 4.4.2

• mapin
    mapin
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Can't get past the link to Dropbox screen. nexus 4 stock, 4.4.2

• parkerlewis
    parkerlewis
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, Nexus 5 on 4.4.2.

• sven00
    sven00
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly what's happening on my Nexus 5 and 7 (2013). Nexuses? Nexii?

Both devices are stock 4.4.2. Both devices are using ART, for what it's worth.

• Andy11
    Andy11
    Community Member
    Options

Just opened another thread with the same issue because I hadn't seen this one before.
    I'm also on a Nexus 5 4.4.2 Stock and using ART.

• saad
    Options

Hey everyone. Sorry to hear about the problem on the Dropbox authentication screen. Just to make sure, do you have the official Dropbox app installed on your Moto X? If not, can you install it and let me know if you're still experiencing this issue?

As for the master password requirements, I will pass on your comments to our developers. Thanks.

• saad
    edited January 2014
    Options

Sorry to hear about the problem with Dropbox. We have had a couple of users with similar problems. Do you have the official Dropbox app installed on your device? If not, can you install it and let me know if you're still experiencing this issue?

• darranwest
    darranwest
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I have installed the latest beta version (never had 1password installed on my phone before). I am using a Nexus 5 with Kitkat 4.4.2 and the official Dropbox app.

When I open 1password I am selecting the option that tells 1password my data is in Dropbox. However, on the next screen I cannot select either the allow or cancel buttons to continue.

I have tried rebooting my phone but this does not fix the error. I am still unable to select either the allow or cancel buttons to grant 1password access to my Dropbox files.

Darran West

• mapin
    mapin
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using the official Dropbox app (I didn't realize there were unofficial ones out there) ! Still same problem, even after rebooting the device.

• Bytor
    Bytor
    Community Member
    Options

I'm unable to sync with Dropbox as well, but I'm having a different issue. When I try to sync I get a message stating "please configure dropbox sync first". When I go to options, Sync and try to turn on the DropBox Sync option it doesn't stay turned on. If I leave the screen and go back into Sync the DropBox Sync option is off again.

Running on ASUS Transformer Prime (TF201) with AndroWook 2.31 (with Hunds Kernel and DATA2SD) ROM

• sven00
    sven00
    Community Member
    Options

I am also running the official Dropbox app (Nexus 5).

• Gusta_BH
    Gusta_BH
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi!

This is my first posting on the 1Password Beta for Android and so I apologize if it is violating some rule of fórum.

I confirm that there is a problem with the latest version of Dropbox (2.3.12.10) that does not allow link to 1Password. The button "Allow" is not working. If I press the button to return the error that is in the picture is displayed.

The solution I found was to uninstall Dropbox (version available on Google Play) and install version (2.3.10.4) available for download directly on their website.

I'm running rooted Moto X with Android 4.4.2 and 1Password version 4.0.0b8 (Build 20140115).

Excuse my poor english, do not know the language well.

• Virus2500
    Virus2500
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here with an Nexus 4. LG Nexus 7 works though. Both devices are running the latest Playstore Dropbox app. @Gusta_BH where did you download the app. Haven't found it on the dropbox website. thx

• There were two very similar threads regarding this issue, so I merged them together. Our development team is now aware of this issue and they have been able to reproduce it on their end. We hope to have this fixed in an upcoming beta release.

• Thank you for all of the additional details and feedback. It definitely appears that there is an issue that we need to resolve on our end. I have brought this to the attention of our development team. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly!

• parkerlewis
    parkerlewis
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Just installed the 20140124 build of 1Password.

Still can't click any buttons when trying to link my Dropbox account. Nexus 5/Android 4.4.2/ART.

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

I get the same. But I get the same issue also with another app, so I think this is NOT 1P's fault but the new dropbox app version. (I have reported this to dropbox).
    I have seen at least one other app (SMS Backup and Restore) having a second methid to authorize (use Browser for Authentication) which does work. As such, could 1P try and add that same authentication method as a backup so that we can continue testing while dropbox fixes their thing?

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

@Gusta_BH where on dropbox's own website did you find the older version for download? When i surf to www.dropbox.com/install it redirects me to the play store (which will of course install the current broken version)

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

dropbox support just replied that they were unable to reproduce the issue, so I pointed them to this focum to see that I am not the only one. I also asked for the download location for the prior version

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

A search for dropbox 2.3.10.4 shows a number of sites that have the apk, but I'd be squeamish and concerned those might be infected.. Haven't found an official link yet

• Payton
    Payton
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem as Gusta_BH with my Verizon LG G2/Android 4.2.2/unrooted.

• Bytor
    Bytor
    Community Member
    Options

follow up for the sync issue I wax having. Based on what finally worked I'm assuming that since I didnt already have a keychain in my dropbox that 1PW would not save the dropbox link information.

Steps taken:
    1. delete 1pw from tablet
    2. Install 1pw on my pc (trial mode) and create a keychain.
    3. Copy the keychain to dropbox
    4. Re-install the 1pw android beta on tablet
    5. select existing user and point to dropbox.

Sync now works and retains the sync option.

When I first installed 1pw I selected "a new user" and then created a keychain. After I entered some data I tried to sync, but wasn't able to sync: ie create a backup to store on dropbox.

• coolbreeze
    coolbreeze
    Community Member
    Options

@setjam Are you going to dropbox.com on your phone? If so, you need to access dropbox.com on your computer. Then download the .apk and email to yourself. Install on your phone and 1password will work. You will also have to ignore the Google Play Dropbox update prompts until agilebits/dropbox fixes whatever is wrong with the new dropbox app.

FYI the correct dropbox app version has a blue icon. If your dropbox icon is white, it's the one that is currently incompatible.

This discussion has been closed.