Dropbox Setup: buttons not clickable

Options
2»

Comments

• Gusta_BH
    Gusta_BH
    Community Member
    Options

@Virus2500 @sejtam Sorry for the delay, was out for a while.

Here you are: https://www.dropbox.com/android

• hawk7000
    hawk7000
    Community Member
    Options

@coolbreeze There has to be something more to it than that. I have the current version of the official Dropbox app (2.3.12.10) with the white icon and I had no problem at all syncing the 1password data with build 20140124.

(On a Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 as well as a Nexus 10 with 4.4.2)

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

@coolbreze: but did you do the1P authentiatcation with the latest dropbox app version or was 1p already authorized? If it was already authorized that would still work

• Virus2500
    Virus2500
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded VERSION 4.0.0B9 (BUILD 20140124) (11) and now it works with the Playstore version of Dropbox.
    Nexus 4 ( cyanogenmod 11 nightly)
    Thx

• Albert A Doof
    Albert A Doof
    Community Member
    Options

I have the latest versions for both (dropbox 2.3.12.10 and VERSION 4.0.0B9) and still get the error message and can't sync.... I noticed a similar problem when I tried to access dropbox from Astro file manager... "Allow" button is not working either, portentially pointing to drobbox as the culprit

• KnashDavis
    KnashDavis
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Stock android 4.4 on a Sprint Moto X.

• Our development team is looking into any changes that may have been made in the Dropbox API. Thank you for all of the details that you have provided and for your patience as we work to resolve this.

• milomindrbindr
    edited February 2014
    Options

Having the same issue as well. Can't click on anything, been happening with every version of the beta so far. Nexus5, KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted.

• Hey @milomindrbindr. Thanks for sharing your information, I will pass this on to our developers. Do you have the official Dropbox app installed on your device?

• khell
    khell
    Community Member
    Options

Forget about finding an older version, just uninstall the Dropbox app, launch 1Password and let it authenticate you with Dropbox via browser. Once synced you can reinstall the Dropbox app. The problem is due to the Dropbox app.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for confirming the web interface works! We also think this issue could be with the Dropbox app itself, but our development team is still confirming this.

Uninstalling Dropbox and using the web interface to authorize permissions for 1Password is a workaround for anyone else also experiencing this problem.

• Gregor
    Gregor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all,

This is a known issue when there is an overlay screen on top of the Dropbox app. There's some more information here:

https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=111246#post-593156

Greg

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, @Gregor!

• BetaSteve
    BetaSteve
    Community Member
    Options

Dropbox integration is a mess on my end. I was getting errors (I already submitted the log) saying the 1password file could not be found. It seems the reason it could not be found is that for the Android, and only the Android version, you do not like files being stored in a folder. Once I dragged the file out of the folder and placed it on the root level of my Dropbox then DB could find the file. Now it is complaining about the master password and resetting the master password in both the desktop app and on my droid device does not clear this error. It is very frustrating to say the least and I am running out of ideas on what to do next. All the Mac and iOS devices sync fine and have no complaints about a master password.

• saad
    Options

Hey @BetaSteve. 1Password Beta for Android is unable to detect if your agilekeychain has been moved. I am assuming the error messages you are receiving in your sync log is 1Password reporting that the data file location you originally set does not have an agilekeychain anymore, and there's a problem. In this case, you will need to reset the beta and complete the initial welcome screen to link the new Dropbox location of your vault. There isn't a way to accomplish this without reseting 1Password yet, but hopefully in the near future this will be implemented. Try this in the meantime:

This will remove all of your 1Password data on the device. Please make sure to safely store any new items that have not synced over, everything will be deleted permanently.

• Go into Device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

You can now launch 1Password Beta and continue through the welcome screen to set up your vault in Dropbox.

• The "uninstall and authenticate through browser" approach worked for me as well. It would be helpful if this information was posted in the known issues thread.

• Cinghialino
    Cinghialino
    Community Member
    Options

New Beta, same problem, the overlay on the dropbox link. Unusable here..:(

Running Cyanogenmod 11 on a Samsung Galaxy S4

• DropboxNoLink
    DropboxNoLink
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this problem on the stock Android 4.3 on my Galaxy Note 3. I'm using an app called Moon+Reader and need to give permission to access dropbox to sync reading positions. It gives me the screen "moonreaderp_full would like to access your dropbox". neither the allow or cancel buttons, or the "use a different account" respond to touch. This is working fine on my Android tablet, just not on the Galaxy Note 3.

• DropboxNoLink
    DropboxNoLink
    Community Member
    Options

Wouldnt you know, as soon as I posted this I figured out a way around the problem. I'm using an app called Twilight, I turned it off and the allow button worked. I read this also happens with other screen filter programs like Lux.

• Keiron
    Keiron
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem but turned off Lux as previously suggested, was able to use the allow button and sync the app to Dropbox

• saad
    Options

Thanks for confirming Lux interferes with the Dropbox's authentication screen.

@jallen7usa: Great idea, I am going to add this to our Known Issues.

• saad
    Options

Hey @sameerchavan. That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know what you did to fix this issue on your device.

• dlinsin
    dlinsin
    Community Member
    Options

I had a similar problem on the Nexus 5, I wasn't able to paste my Dropbox password on the authentication site. I suppose this is a Dropbox issue, just letting you know anyways.

• saad
    Options

Dropbox released v2.4.0.2 with the following changelog:

• Resolves issue preventing 3rd party app authentication

• Set up Dropbox on your computer using your phone's camera

This should address the problem everyone has been experiencing in this thread, please update to the latest version of Dropbox and try again.

This discussion has been closed.