Tired of the Crashes

Options
Valdemar1
Valdemar1
Community Member

Well, I'm heading back to 1Password 3 from 1Password 4. I can't take the crashes anymore. Every time it happens, I click on send data to agile bits, but there is never a fix coming. Here's a list of my recent crashes:

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Weird. I've never had a crash traced to 1Password 4. Not that this observation is any help in solving yours.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @hawkmoth: your situation is very unusual. I suggest you hold on for a short time until someone from AgileBits posts here. They may ask you to send them a diagnostic report, but it's probably better to wait until it's requested.

If you are asked for a diagnostic report:

1. don't post it on the forum;
    2. include a link to this thread so AgileBits can link the two.

Stephen

• Valdemar1
    Valdemar1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks fellas. I looked through a couple of the crash reports and found a "signal_name" called SIGSEGV.

Wiki reveals this:

A segmentation fault occurs when a program attempts to access a memory location that it is not allowed to access, or attempts to access a memory location in a way that is not allowed (for example, attempting to write to a read-only location, or to overwrite part of the operating system).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Valdemar1,

I think @Stephen_C is right. I'm not quite sure what's going on here, so a Diagnostic Report might be a good idea.

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.