Do I have to Sync 1pass manually for my iphone??

Options
yanno88
yanno88
Community Member

all my passwords on my phone are never synced. I have to open 1password on my mac and sync them all the time.

Is there a way to automatically do this??

I sync them thru WIFI

when i try syncing thru Dropbox from my phone it keeps asking me for the dropbox password that always tells me its wrong.

What can i do?? thanks :)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

It might help others to help you if you tell us:

1. the version numbers of 1P4 for OS X and 1P4 for iOS you are using;
    2. for good measure, the versions of OS X and iOS you are using.

If you use wi fi sync you have to sync manually, I'm afraid: it doesn't happen automatically in the background and that's just the way it works at present.

Sorry I can't help you with the Dropbox problem but no doubt someone will soon be along to do so.

Edit: @megan's post in this thread might possibly help you with the Dropbox problem.

Stephen

• yanno88
    yanno88
    Community Member
    Options

1PASS- Version 4.1.3 (413002) MAC - 10.9.1

ohh so are you saying the only way to sync the iphone automatically is to back up with dropbox??
    I just fixe the sync with dropbox

also 1 more question: should i erase the old version of 1password?

thanks Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stephen ( @yanno88 ),

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to fix Dropbox sync! @Stephen_C is right, Wi-Fi sync is manual, so you will need to initiate it whenever you would like to update your information. Both Dropbox and iCloud offer automatic syncing.

also 1 more question: should i erase the old version of 1password?

Once all your data is updated in 1Password 4 you are welcome to remove 1Password 3. Please do so only by dragging the app to the Trash (on your Mac) - app cleaners have a tendency to get a bit over-zealous, and there are a month's worth of backups stored in 1Password 3 that could be useful should anything happen to your current database (although we certainly hope not, it never hurts to play it safe here!)

• yanno88
    yanno88
    Community Member
    Options

thanks Steph :)

i think i will leave it alone then lol and not trash anything

This discussion has been closed.