Firefox extension not connecting

Hello,

I just set up a new computer, synced Firefox and tried to log into the 1Password extension and it just continues to try to connect to no avail.

I searched and saw a thread where someone was told to delete the OnePassword.sqlite file and reinstall the extension, but this didn't work for me.

Please advise.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mlclapp,

I'm sorry that you've been having trouble getting the extension working here. Could you tell me what version of 1Password you are using, and what version of the operating system you have installed?

• Marco Cervellini
    Marco Cervellini
    Community Member

I have the same problem Firefox 27.0.1 1Password 3.9.20 help me please thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Marco,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Firefox extension right now. Thank you for including the version numbers in your original post, that helps us a lot, but I'd really like to hear a bit more about the specific issue you are seeing with Firefox:

• Are you seeing an error message when you try to access the extension?
    • Does Firefox fail to fill?

If it is simpler, you can take a screenshot of what you are seeing. There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox and include a link in your reply.

The more information your can provide about your situation, the more easily we'll be able to sort out where things are going wonky and find a solution :)

• Marco Cervellini
    Marco Cervellini
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppnc1gb3y19i810/Schermata 2014-02-27 alle 16.29.16.png
    I try to insert my password ( 1password in safari works) I use a mac OSX 10.9.1
    The password I inserted is correct, in safari and 1Password app for iphone and mac works

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Marco,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I'd like to take a bit of a closer look at your system. Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Michał Nedoszytko
    Michał Nedoszytko
    Community Member

Hello, I'm having the very same problem with Firefox 27.0.1, extension 3.9.20 and 1password 4.1.2 - chrome and safari extensions are working well, Firefox extension stalls at Connecting (and count up) I have already tried: removing .sql from app support & reinstalling clean, creating new firefox profile, and allowing 127.0.0.1 to bypass proxy in ff settings (i don't use a proxy anyway). Your help would be appreciated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for including your version numbers here, it makes it easy to find the problem! Not only did we re-write the entire 1Password app between version 3 and version 4, but we also completely re-wrote the extension. So for version 4 you will need a shiny new extension. Here are our instructions on how to Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions, and then you can download the 1Password 4 browser extension.

This should get you all sorted out, but we're here if you hit any further snags!

• gosenbach
    gosenbach
    Community Member

hi, I just downloaded 1password from your site and was trying to get the firefox browser plugin working. And like above, it tries to connect but then just counts up forever. Then I saw where there was a new plugin, I installed that and then got a message saying that the firefox plugin does not work for windows. Could you please tell me if a new one for windows it coming? I just checked the about in 1 password and it says 1.0.9.340 Is that correct? or did I download the wrong installer? Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gosenbach,

Currently Windows requires you to use the version 3 extension, as version 4 for Windows has not yet been released. 1Password 4 for Windows is currently in beta testing, and it should be available soon.

Let's try reinstalling the 1Password browser extension for Firefox.

Please follow these steps:

• In Firefox, go to the Firefox menu (in the top left corner), select Add-ons, then click on Extensions.
    • Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    • Follow the instructions in this help document: https://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/windows_firefox_db
    • Restart Firefox.
    • Launch 1Password and click Preferences. Select Browsers, and click the button for Install Firefox Extension.
    • Firefox should open the extension installation page.
    • Click the download button next to the Firefox icon, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you're still having trouble, please let me know and we'll investigate further!

• blaggo
    blaggo
    Community Member

I have the same problem on my Mac. I deleted the extension and am trying to find the 1password 4 extension for Mac to reinstall, but all I can find on your site is the version 3 extension.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blaggo,

The extensions for 1Password 3 are found here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

And the extensions for 1Password 4 can be found here: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

Please ensure that you are using the correct extension for the version of 1Password that you currently have installed.

• warrenma
    warrenma
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    I'm also having problems with 1P not filling in with Firefox. I'm on 1P 3.8.22, FF 30.0 and 1P extension for FF 3.9.20. Everything works fine in Safari, but it has recently stopped working in FF. I've removed the extension, restarted and re-installed it but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Warren

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014

Hi @warrenma,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Firefox extension. I'll need a bit more information to track this down:

• Is the extension unable to fill for any sites, or are you only having trouble with a few specific websites? If there are a few specific websites acting up, could you please send along the problem URLs so we can do some testing here?
    • What version of OS X are you currently running on your computer?

Once we know a bit more about the situation, we should be able to help get this sorted!

• John_P
    John_P
    Community Member

Hi Megan - I have a fail to fill on OS 10.7.5, Firefox 30.0, 1Password Firefox plugin v4.2.2, and 1 Password v3.8.22

John

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @John_P,

Thanks so much for including the version numbers in your original post - it makes things so much easier to track down!

In your case, the issue is that you are using the extension for 1Password 4, but are using 1Password 3 as the main app. Let's try reinstalling the 1Password browser extension for Firefox.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Firefox.
    • Click on the Tools menu, then Add-Ons.
    • Click the remove button next to the 1Password extension and remove it.
    • You also need to remove the extension database. Follow these instructions: https://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/4zpylm
    • Restart Firefox and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html
    • Click the download button next to the Firefox icon, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

This should get you sorted, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

• John_P
    John_P
    Community Member

Using plugin v.3.9.20 results in a fail to fill as well. (Plugin v4.2.2 was removed. OnePassword.sqlite was trashed. Firefox restarted.)

• Hi @John_P,

We'd like to take a bit of a closer look at your system. Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Hi @John_P,

We're received your email with the report - thanks for sending that in! Someone from our email support team will review it and get back to you as soon as possible with more help to resolve this problem. :)

internal reference number: ZVG-98387-593

This discussion has been closed.