system.log: Could not find sound named '40001'. [fixed in 3.5.0.BETA-1]

maelcum
maelcum
Community Member
edited September 2010 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hello,

just updated to 3.4.4 and found this information in Console.app:
1Password[…] Could not find sound named '40001'.
Deleted and Reinstalled from the 1Password_3.4.4.zip. Same thing.

Not a problem here, but you might want to know anyway. :)
Have a nice day.

mael.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Are you sure it is a 1Password issue? I've not seen this so far. We will keep an eye on it, but could you post the lines from your console with the error?
  • maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    Yes. I am absolutely sure this is a 1Password issue. I double and triple check things before I write a post. I detest people to yell "BUG" at the very first problem.

I have posted the corresponding line from the Console.app in my first post. I've just deleted unnecessary information like date and time as well as the job number in [] brackets. It should easy be recognizable by anybody who has seen those entries before...

These are the entries with each subsequent start of 1Password.app 3.4.4 about 2 mins ago, except for my userid:
    30.09.10 22:22:14	1Password[52304]	Could not find sound named '40001'.
    30.09.10 22:22:14	1Password[52304]	reloadAllObjects
    30.09.10 22:22:14	1Password[52304]	Database (agilekeychain:/Users/userid/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain) load time [Cache]: 0.097+0.222 (625 objects)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Aha. Just spotted it in my own system.log. I'll see if we can't sort this out. Obviously, it is not a show-stopper, but there is no need for errors when we can easily fix the issue. :-)

Thanks!
  • maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member
    Thanks for confirming.
    No, no showstopper at all. Not even inconvenient. I wonder what the sound sounds like... ;)
    Looking forward to the next beta...
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    maelcum wrote:

Thanks for confirming.
    No, no showstopper at all. Not even inconvenient. I wonder what the sound sounds like... ;)
    Looking forward to the next beta...

Probably the sound of the vault unlocking or such. Mines not making any sound.

Edit :

I am on 3.4.4 the sound with volume wide open is almost silent. Any possible similarity ? ?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Tommy, 3.4.4 is the same sound level as previous versions on my system...?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    khad wrote:

Tommy, 3.4.4 is the same sound level as previous versions on my system...?

Yeah I just rolled back to 3.4.2 but I swear its still almost silent here. Normally I can hear the lock when I am traveling in the motel etc while unpacking or such. I couldnt hear this if I tried from a few feet away.

I even went to my iMac and turned my external speakers wide open and sounds better on it. But somethings changed on my MBP gotta wait till the wife gets home and check hers, oh well now I got to look for this. All other volume is normal, maybe its me. huh.gif
  • maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member
    Hm. I *do* hear the lock/unlock Sounds. Can't say if louder or less than previous versions, though. Sorry.

The only instance where I find anything about the Sound 40001 is in 1Password.app/Contents/Resources/MainWindow.nib. WNSSoundU. Looks like Objective-C to me non-programmer... ;)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    Maelcum,

Thanks for allowing me a slight OT conversation but I did keep it on the subject of sound. tongue.gif Remind me I owe you one.

Ill shut up after this,

Roustem is there a terminal command I can use to increase the volume of the sounds for me, evidently I am going bonkers or loosing my hearing for certain sound levels The wife says its the same level for her as well (no change).

So I guess its me sad.gif I hate getting older. Gonna need a fraking hearing aid and haven't even gotten to 45 yet. Must be all that high pitched construction work I am around. ugh.
  • maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

Remind me I owe you one.

If I'd think I ever come across something like 2000 posts, I'd remind you... ;)

To set the volume via Terminal, use:
    osascript -e 'tell application "finder" to set volume 10'

10: max, 1: almost silent
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The 40001 error was actually a stray in the main UI nib unrelated to the actual sounds we use (lock/unlock). Very strange. Should be fixed and pushed out with the next beta release.

Tommy, you better be wearing earplugs around those high-pitched sounds. I always wear mine when motorcycling.

Cheers!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    khad wrote:

The 40001 error was actually a stray in the main UI nib unrelated to the actual sounds we use (lock/unlock). Very strange. Should be fixed and pushed out with the next beta release.

Tommy, you better be wearing earplugs around those high-pitched sounds. I always wear mine when motorcycling.

Cheers!

Oh I do........... but when your in a confined space ie a rock hole 30 feet down and running a jackhammer even the earplugs dont block it all. Well I have a new trainee this go round gonna stick him in all those places now. I have to test him out we have to see if he can cut it. When they lose all our helpers due to them being lazy, arrested etc. It always falls back on those of us who have been around. My boss called today upset, asking if I was coming into work tomorrow. Atleast

I am suppose to be on vacation this week.

Anyway he was all upset saying nothing had been done while he was gone (and me), I needed to really work them to the bone next monday as we are moving out on tuesday.

I am cutting vacation short, and going to work tomorrow.

Ok I have babbled enough. I told Maelcum I would shut up look like I just cant. Maybe I need to go back to work tongue.gif

Oh god one of the employess just called at 950. I need a vacation from my vacation
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Stay safe!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    This was just fixed in 3.5.0.BETA-1. If you are not interested in running beta versions, please stay tuned. It will be available in the next stable update. :-)

Thanks again!
  • maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member
    khad wrote:
    If you are not interested in running beta versions, please stay tuned.

Thanks! I love betas. Haven't had any problems with them, ever.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Glad to hear it! A ringing endorsement. :-)

Thanks!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    ROFLOL

I have got to be mad at myself a little . angry.gif

Well thought I would finally update this thread and say my question or quandary has been solved.

I wrote a workflow for my usual login activities, coupled with Networklocation. I had forgotten about the option in the workflow when setting system volume, it also allows you to set alert volume, and guess what I had tinkered with mine.

So I am not going crazy hurrah. and my hearing protection has been working. Its also just plain good to know I actually couldn't hear it for now obvious reasons. unsure.gif

Darn end user again, LOLlaugh.gif

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Haha! The Emperor's New Sound. :-D
  • maelcum
    maelcum
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

Well thought I would finally update this thread and say my question or quandary has been solved.

I just love people who are disciplined enough to update their threads even weeks later!
    Kudos! Great job, thightower.

This discussion has been closed.