1Password just lost all my data?

Options

I logged on today (after having not used this in weeks) to find a username/password I need to set up some things for college, and I was prompted to either start a new file or find my data from an existing file. Since I've been saving passwords and such in this app since July, I figured I'd be able to find an old save file somewhere. WRONG. I went through every single document on my computer and I haven't been able to find any sort of file with my information. Admittedly, I made a mistake when I didn't back any of my stuff to dropbox, but I can't do much about that now. Is there ANY hope of me getting my stuff back?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using version 4? If so, go to the menu bar, then File ---> Restore. That should show you your local backups. Pick the most recent one, if that's your choice, and you should be good to go. (I don't know if this has changed since version 3, but I expect there is something equivalent in the event that you are using that.)

• tara1996
    tara1996
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure what version I'm using..but I just went to that and there are no backups. I don't know what's going on!!

• Hi @tara1996,

Sending a Diagnostics Report to AgileBits will likely be the best option. There's a good chance they'll ask you for one, so sending one now won't hurt.

Instructions:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this thread in your email.

• tara1996
    tara1996
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP thanks a bunch :)

• You're welcome! Hopefully @sjk or someone else from AgileBits is able to help you out. :D

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I figured I'd be able to find an old save file somewhere. WRONG. I went through every single document on my computer and I haven't been able to find any sort of file with my information

Do you know that your Library folder is normally not visible in the Finder and is not indexed by Spotlight? You may be well aware of this and the problem is somewhere else, but it is amazing how often people forget basic things like that.

• tara1996
    tara1996
    Community Member
    Options

@danco, I'm not very tech savvy, but what I meant was I went to finder->documents and I combed through all of those. Is there something I missed?

• Jasper
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi @tara1996,

Ah, I didn't realize you were using 1Password 3 (this is the version 4 section of the forum).

Try this:

Open a Finder window, press Shift+Command+G and enter this path in the popup dialog:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/

Do you see a 1Password.agilekeychain file in that location? If so, you should be able to open that using 1Password to get your data.

Or to send a diagnostics report using 1Password 3 on Mavericks, you can try following the instructions here (it's a little bit more complicated).

• tara1996
    tara1996
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP oh I didn't catch that! my bad....and there is a backups and a diagnostics folder, but both are completely empty. I got the diagnostics report to work though, so I'll email them that and see how it goes from there. Thank you SO much for being so patient!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tara1996,

I'm so sorry to hear that your 1Password data is missing. We've received the Diagnostics Report you sent earlier and will help you through email to recover your data as quickly as possible.

This discussion has been closed.