Chrome extension shows "Web page not found"; Firefox extension missing

phm
phm
Community Member
edited February 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

1Password has stopped working on any browser. I typically access it via right click directly on a webpage. This option is no longer available. The icon is gone from from the browser toolbars (Chrome, FF, Safari). I uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. I can open the 1Password application and see all my data. Running Windows Vista. I suspect this occurred after an automatic MSFT update? Help!!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

Hi, @phm.

Have you tried the tips in the "Where is the 1Password button in my browser?" article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site?

Please let us know whether those help. We'll figure out what's going on and get things working for you.

• phm
    phm
    Community Member

Thx DBrown for fast response. Below are 2 screenshots, Chrome & FF. In Chrome the "broken puzzle piece" icon give me the option to visit your homepage if I right-click. But I can't access my 1Password application. On FF, the icon is not available. The 1P application itself seems to work fine - except that it won't connect to any of my browsers. I made no changes to 1P; it just stopped working about 2 weeks ago. I reinstalled; no luck.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96680416@N02/12803300423

flickr.com/photos/96680416@N02/12803300453

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

My advice is to un-install (and then re-install) our extension into Chrome and Firefox.

Uninstall instructions are here: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/uninstalling_extensions.html (yes these instructions are for Mac but they are largely the same for Windows).

You can re-install our extension here:

1. Start 1Password
    2. Click on: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P)
    3. Click on the tab named "Browsers"
  • phm
    phm
    Community Member

Thanks, this seems to be working! It required un/reinstalling 1P. Extensions were no longer available on Chrome or Firefox (unsure if due to the uninstall?). I reinstalled them individually. Oddly, several of my passwords are no longer available on 1PW, perhaps 25% of them. I re-added them. Thx again

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear things are working for you now, @phm.

By the way, uninstalling and re-installing the main program won't affect your 1Password data, which is stored separately and independent of the program itself.

Please let us know if you see any more anomalies.

This discussion has been closed.