FF Extension Not Sending Passwords to the Form

LanceDaoust
LanceDaoust
Community Member
edited March 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Browsers: Chrome and FF, updated.

1Password: 1.0.9.340, Paid

Problem:

a.) When selecting the login from within the browser extension the user is populated but the password is not.

b.) This is not consistent.

c.) Same for both browsers.

I have 16 logins for the same site (various clients). I log in and out throughout the day, and all has been working just fine for many months now. Recently, something changed, resulting in the above noted problem, but only SOME of the 16 fail to enter the password, when they had in the past.

Looking at the differences between the working ones and failing ones does reveal that there are indeed differences. There are so many extra fields when automatically generated, which I don't know enough about to determine what's right vs wrong.

Attempted Solutions:

I have deleted the problem entries from 1Password, then logged into the site to re-create them. Sometimes the browser extension will pick this up and store it, other times it will not. Not sure what differentiates those two.

I have deleted the problem entries from 1Password, then re-created them within 1Password.

The end result is I cannot find a way to get them working that is duplicate-able and reliable.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@LanceDaoust, thanks for providing so much detail! That's very helpful.

Could you also let us know a few specific URLs where we could try to reproduce the problem?

• LanceDaoust
    LanceDaoust
    Community Member

Hello @DBrown. The URL is https://www.saveonenergy.ca/Account/Login.aspx. I cannot give any sample login data though.

I tried a new method to troubleshoot, which worked for the one that I needed, at the time:

I opened the password in 1Password and reviewed the details more carefully. I found that it was storing the Search field and the login fields, as well as both of their submit buttons (both are graphics too), and some data twice.

Looking at this information, I deleted various bits and tested each one, and realized that I would never get it to work like that.
    Ultimately I deleted it and re-created it.

Take a look at this screenshot of before and after: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t78k5j1alqpjtdh/1pass-screens.gif

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

No, indeed! We don't want your login credentials. :)

Here's what 1Password just saved for me in Chrome at that URL:

...which looks to be the same as the one you label "FIXED."

It turns out this is all you really need for the Login item to work, though:

As for the one you labeled "BROKEN": how was it saved?

• LanceDaoust
    LanceDaoust
    Community Member

@DBrown, thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure that your stripped down version will work, but I will test it. The reason I am not sure is because you should not have been able to create an account on that site in order to get and test working credentials.

That aside, the broken login was saved like all of the rest - the plugin created it, and later the plugin stopped allowing me to log in. I realize that the data in the broken one changed, but how it changed I do not know.

• LanceDaoust
    LanceDaoust
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

I did trim down and test the login on of the 16, and it worked. I am going to batch-edit the rest now, and if I run into problems with them I will be sure to update the thread.

By the way, the 1Password app is great. I bought it for my iOS and for my Mac OS, and convinced work to buy it for here too. The one thing missing is users. That way I could have my home and work logins at the same time._

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

the plugin created it, and later the plugin stopped allowing me to log in

The web site might have changed. Saving a new login item might fix this.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I did trim down and test the login on of the 16, and it worked. I am going to batch-edit the rest now, and if I run into problems with them I will be sure to update the thread.

That’s great news, @LanceDaoust—thanks for letting us know!

By the way, the 1Password app is great. I bought it for my iOS and for my Mac OS, and convinced work to buy it for here too.

Thank you!

The one thing missing is users. That way I could have my home and work logins at the same time.

If you're wanting to share and sync a subset of your Login items and other data with people at work, you can create a separate 1Password data folder in which to store just those items. You'd store both of them in Dropbox, so they'd automatically sync between your home and office PCs; then you'd use Dropbox's built-in "share folder" feature to share the work-stuff.agilekeychain folder with your coworkers, who'd have their own separate Dropbox accounts. At home, you'd use the File > Open 1Password Data Folder command to open whichever 1Password data folder you wanted to use (being careful, of course, to remember which one is open when you create new Login items from within the browser extensions).

This discussion has been closed.