Merging 1Password Mac backup with 1Password Windows file

I have to work back and forth between Mac and Windows (on BootCamp) on my Mac Pro. Most of my time is spent on the Mac side where I accumulate most of my passwords. Periodically, I have to move to the Windows OS where I inevitably need my passwords. I use DropBox to relay an encrypted backup from the Mac domain to the Windows domain. Unfortunately, 1Password for Windows doesn't seem to recognize the Mac backup. How do I merge my Mac database of passwords with the Windows database?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Please do not store your 1Password backup in Dropbox. My advice is to store the actual agilekeychain in your Dropbox. Then open this exact same 1Password keychain on Mac and Windows. Thanks!

• Garth Brown
    Garth Brown
    Community Member

Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@svondutch is correct, Garth: You should share and sync your 1Password data between your Mac OS and Windows partitions using Dropbox exactly as if they were separate physical machines. This will provide the automatic synchronization at which Dropbox excels, and you won't blow out your Dropbox space allotment storing the 1Password backup files. (Along with your Dropbox-sync'ed .agilekeychain folder, those backup files should, of course, be part of your daily backup regimen, just like your other important files and folders.)

• Garth Brown
    Garth Brown
    Community Member

Thanks for the guidance.

• Garth Brown
    Garth Brown
    Community Member

Thanks for the guidance.

This discussion has been closed.