Firefox will not update with current logins

jstags
jstags
Community Member
edited March 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm have 1Password on Windows, Mac, iPhone and iPad.

It works fine on everything except Firefox for Windows. (Chrome and IE on the same machine work normally).

Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 27.01

Sync via Dropbox.

Firefox shows logins that are at least a month out of date and will not update to display logins updated or added from other browsers.

--If I add a new login from Firefox it is visible in all other browsers.

--If a add a new login in any other browser, it shows up everywhere except in Firefox.

--If I delete that login using another browser or 1 Password, it is removed from all browsers except Firefox.

--it looks like Firefox is using a local cache or such.

--I've tried both the current release add on and the beta add on.

--I've deleted the add-on and reinstalled.

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox with no change.

I tried running the 1Password troubleshooting report, but it comes up with just captions and no information when run on Firefox. It works normally on Chrome and IE.

Weirdness.

Comments

• jstags
    jstags
    Community Member

After reading another post, wanted to add that I added the Firefox extension from the 1Password client.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hi, @jstags.

The extensions don't have any contact with Dropbox; they communicate (through the "helper") with the main 1Password program.

As I understand it, each of them maintains its own local cache of your encrypted 1Password data.

From your description, it seems the extension for Firefox is transmitting but not accepting changes to your 1Password data. (It might've been easier to solve if neither direction was working! :/ )

Because you mention trying both the release version and the beta version of the extension for Firefox, can I ask you to let us know the full version numbers reported on Firefox's "add-ons" page and on the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.