Multiple Vaults on Windows

This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting Started with 1Password 4 for iOS, general questions.

Comments

• DPMiller
    DPMiller
    Community Member

@JasperP - I am a Windows user. Can multiple vaults be created on the Windows version? I just purchased a family licence. My wife uses a separate windows laptop from me. I am struggling to determine if we should share settings through a single DropBox sync or set up completely different accounts and logins for each of us. I thought that by importing my settings into her account I would save time and we share several important logins such as banking but we also have separate logins for certain rewards programs such as Aeroplan. Can you help?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DPMiller,

I moved your discussion to the Windows forum, just so you can more easily get help from the Windows experts. :)

The current version of 1Password for Windows does not fully support multiple vaults, although you can create separate vaults and manually switch between them using the File > Open 1Password Datafile. We do have a shiny new version of 1Password for Windows that is currently in beta testing which will make switching between vaults even simpler.

If you would like us to provide you with some detailed steps on how to set up separate vaults for yourself and your wife, please let us know - we'd be happy to help!

• DPMiller
    DPMiller
    Community Member

Thanks Megan. That would perfect. Please send me the steps and I will try it out.

• Hey @DPMiller‌,

What you're trying to do in 1Password is possible as my colleague Mega already told you, but in the old version it's a bit of a hassle.
    I'd like to suggest you download and install the 1Password 4 for Windows beta.

While yes, it is a beta, it's very stable and its features will make it much easier for you to manage more than one vault and use these vaults in the browser.

You can go to https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html and sign up for the beta.
    After you click 'submit' you'll be sent an invitation e-mail that contains more instructions and the download link.

Once you've done that get back to us and I'll walk you through the rest of the steps :)

This discussion has been closed.