WIndows XP - Move to Dropbox

I have Dropbox running on my PC and in the past, had no trouble connecting it to 1Password. Because of a problem I had this morning with 1Password not showing all my logins when accessed through the HTML login file on Dropbox, I disconnected 1Password from Dropbox, uninstalled Dropbox and then re-installed Dropbox. But now when we click on the button "Move to Dropbox", it does nothing even though is is active and is selectable.

Any ideas?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There's really no "connection" between Dropbox and 1Password to be made or unmade. If you have Dropbox installed on your PC, and your 1Password data (the .agilekeychain folder) is anywhere in the Dropbox folder hierarchy, then they're "connected."

As for uninstalling Dropbox, I don't recall whether that automatically removes all Dropbox-sync'ed files from your computer. Since Dropbox is no longer installed, though, it shouldn't be able to sync those deletions to your private dropbox.com web site. If that assumption is correct, then re-installing Dropbox should cause them all your files to be copied down to your local Dropbox folder hierarchy again. (If it doesn't, because the files have been deleted from your private dropbox.com web site, too, you should be able to restore your data from a 1Password backup.)

As for the "Move to Dropbox" button being disabled, that typically means your 1Password data is already under Dropbox sync control.

What is the full path shown in the 1Password Data Folder field above that button?

• digicomm
    digicomm
    Community Member

The full path shown was not my Dropbox folder, just the normal path to the 1Password folder under My Documents\1Password on my C: drive.

I've gone ahead and moved the 1Password.agilekeychain folder from within My Documents\1Password into my Dropbox folder and it sync'd fine. I then shared that folder with a colleague and she used the 1Password HTML login page to unlock 1Password. The unlock was successful but only the most recent login record is visible. I have 145+ logins plus several profiles and many secure notes. All of these are missing when being accessed this way. FYI, we have shared 1Password this way for years and it's been flawless until now.

On the desktop, everything is working fine but not being able to share is a huge problem.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I suspect that you're using one .agilekeychain folder, and your colleague is using another. If that sounds unlikely, remember that they could both be under Dropbox control and could even (if they're in different subfolders) have the same name.

On your PC:

1. Search your entire Dropbox folder hierarchy for folders with the ".agilekeychain" extension.

2. How many do you find, and what's the full path and name of each or them?

3. In 1Password, what's the full path and name listed in the 1Password Data Folder field?

On your colleague's PC:

1. Search her entire Dropbox folder hierarchy for folders with the ".agilekeychain" extension.

2. How many do you find, and what's the full path and name of each or them?

3. In 1Password, what's the full path and name listed in the 1Password Data Folder field?

With the answers to questions 2 and 3 for both PCs, we'll figure out what's going on and get things working for you, @digicomm.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

used the 1Password HTML login page to unlock 1Password. The unlock was successful but only the most recent login record is visible.

Please try this: File > Repair 1Password Data

• digicomm
    digicomm
    Community Member

The repair worked. I'm now seeing all my logins when using the HTML login page in Dropbox. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, that's much easier than figuring out whether you're using the same .agilekeychain folder. :D

I'm glad it was resolved so easily, @digicomm!

This discussion has been closed.