Copy items

Options

Hello
I would really love to have a copy and paste possibility in 1Password. It happens so many times that I need the same information in different items, just changing small things. It would really help to be able to copy complete items and save them as new items.
I would appreciate, if you could take this in your future updates.
Many thanks. :)
Tolga

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It would really help to be able to copy complete items and save them as new items

Edit > Duplicate (Ctrl+D)

• tutello
    tutello
    Community Member
    Options

thanks. but in my Edit, i can't find a duplicate. my 1password version is: 1.0.9.315

• tutello
    tutello
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Oh, i've just seen the Copy. But it's only active in the category Logins, which is not enough... I would need it in Accounts, Wallet, Software and Secure Notes. Is there no such functionality?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

I realize now that you're using a very old version of 1Password! The Duplicate command was added in March of 2013, about a month newer than the version you're using. :D

Please update to the current version (1.0.9.340) right away, and confirm that you see the Duplicate command.

The Duplicate command is always in the Edit menu, regardless of which of those categories is selected. The command is disabled until you have an item selected in the list area, though, which makes sense: you have to tell 1Password what you want to duplicate.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

my 1password version is: 1.0.9.315

Please download and install our latest version here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes

• tutello
    tutello
    Community Member
    Options

you're completely right... :) Great, many thanks!!! Works like a charm!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

A year is a lo-o-ong time to ignore updates, @tutello. :) Welcome to the latest version!

• tutello
    tutello
    Community Member
    Options

yeeeesss.. but it seemed like a mini minor baby-update... 1.0.9.315 to 1.0.9.340 ... that's why I didn't do it. :-) Now, I know it and will do the updates, when they appear. :)
    Again, many thanks, also for the very quick support

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I understand your confusion. I think we carry the numbers one segment too far: I've always advocated for a "major-revsion.minor-revision.bugfixes" pattern, as in our Mac and iOS products, but we seem to be sticking to the four-segment model in the Windows product, so far.

Thanks for the kind comments, too—we're glad to be able to help!

This discussion has been closed.