Where's the sync option in the Windows interface?

Am I missing something really obvious here? In the Mac version there's a sync setting where I can choose iCloud, Dropbox, etc...

Just installed the Windows version and I don't see that option. I did open the 1Password file in my Dropbox and it does appear to be syncing that way between my Mac and Windows laptop, but does this mean I cannot use Wifi sync or File Sharing?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

On Windows, we do not have those sync settings because we do not need them. If you want to sync to Dropbox, then simply open (or create) an agilekeychain in your Dropbox. Voila.

As for Wi-Fi sync, this is coming to 1Password version 4 for Windows.

• russellweed
    russellweed
    Community Member

If this is the case, you guys should update your iPhone app, as it currently contains instructions for Windows-based Wi-Fi sync:

"Open 1Password for Mac or Windows and select Window > Wi-Fi Sync or File > Wi-Fi Sync, respecitvely."

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Sorry for the confusion, @russellweed‌. 1Password 1 for Windows doesn't include wi-fi sync'ing.

In 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, the File menu does indeed contain a Wi-Fi Sync command.

We welcome you to join the thousands of people already in the 1Password 4 for Windows beta program! Sign up here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• russellweed
    russellweed
    Community Member

Already did. Thanks! :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Sounds like the instructions in 1Password for iOS are accurate, as long as you're using a version of 1Password for Windows that includes sci-fi wi-fi sync'ing.

[Ed: It is kind of sci-fi, if you think how impossible all this was, even a few years ago!]

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

sci-fi sync'ing

@DBrown Wait, 1Password does sci-fi sync? Woohoo!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Auto-correct FTW!

This discussion has been closed.