"Update existing Login" not as expected

Options

As a result of this heartbleed mess, I've started updating passwords at various sites. I don't know if this is specific to the Windows version of 1Password (I'm using Firefox 28) , but when I change a password and elect to "Update existing Login" when 1Password asks me, it results in a record in 1Password that has just the old password (set as type password), and two text type fields for the new password. The username field is gone.

I then have to edit the entry in 1Password to add back the username (thank goodness I haven't forgotten any yet), and delete the password field, and change one of the two text fields to be the password field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

"Update existing Login" in 1Password v1 for Windows replaces the exiting login (all fields). This procedure has been improved a lot in 1Password v4 for Windows, where we will replace the password field only (keep all other fields).

In 1Password v1 for Windows, my advice is: do not use the auto-save prompt on the page where you changed your password. Use it on the actual login page.

You can always retrieve your newly generated passwords here: View > Generated Passwords

This discussion has been closed.