How to use Family License

Options

Hi. I'm new to this program, and I just bought a family license. I know the product description said that up to five users can use the program. I'm just curious about how this works. Do you have to add a new user in the 1password application on the desktop? If not, how will it know which user is which? I also noticed that the website keeps saying you can store up to 20 passwords. is it 20 total for everybody in the family license group, or is it 20 per person? Again, I'm wondering how the program knows which password is for which person. If I've saved a password for a website, can the other person go and save their password for the same website? These might sound like silly questions, but I haven't found the info elsewhere, and I don't want to do this incorrectly and screw everything up. Does this have anything to do with the Identity thing? do you have to make an identity for yourself and do your passwords through it? I'm confused.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

We always recommend that new users take a few minutes to read the “Introduction,” “Getting Started,” and “Tutorials” sections of the user’s guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site. They’re short (and a tad out of date, in a couple of places), but they’re still the quickest way to get the most out of 1Password. As you use 1Password, we believe you’ll find the information in the “FAQ” section to be of use, as well.

As soon as you download and install 1Password for Windows, you're using it in trial mode. For thirty days, you have full and unlimited use of the software. After that, you're limited to 20 items. A license gives you a "key" that you use to drop that limitation permanently. With that license, you can install 1Password for Windows on as many computers as you like. A family license extends that to four more members of your immediate family.

Each family member can have a separate 1Password database (a set of Logins, Identities, Credit Cards, Secure Notes, and other saved items), or any two or more of you can share and sync a 1Password database using Dropbox, as described in the user's guide.

If you have any more questions after reading those first few topics in the user's guide, @mporter3‌, please let us know.

Thank you for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.