Error message saving new login

Hi there,

A few times in the last couple of weeks I've received error messages when saving a new login using 1Password with Chrome. The window is titled "1Password" and displays the ubiquitous red X, a link to my Dropbox folder and a long file name that ends with .1password and "password does not exist".

What's the solution for this?

Thank you.

[L]

Comments

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member

I should add that clicking the "retry" button several times doesn't help.

[L]

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'd try removing the 1Password extension from within Chrome and then re-installing it from within 1Password (Browsers tab of 1Password preferences).

By the way, are you using 1Password on any other machines or devices, as well?

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member

Okay, I just did that. I'll see if the problem happens again. It's been intermittent so I won't know right away.

And yes, I'm using 1Password on my iPhone and iPad in addition to this Windows 8.1 machine.

Thank you.

[L]

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm using 1Password on my iPhone and iPad in addition to this Windows 8.1 machine.

OK. That won't cause cross pollution of browser extensions. Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

A few times in the last couple of weeks I've received error messages when saving a new login using 1Password with Chrome. The window is titled "1Password" and displays the ubiquitous red X, a link to my Dropbox folder and a long file name that ends with .1password and "password does not exist".

Please repair your 1Password data here: File > Repair 1Password Data

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member

I tried the repair data function but the Information window reports: "Your 1Password Data is healthy. No errors or problems have been found."

I'll post back if I run into the error message again. Thank you.

[L]

This discussion has been closed.