Syncing across platforms

Just started with 1password. I've been able to set it up on my Mac, iPhone, iPad, and my personal windows laptop using dropbox. The problem is my PC at work. Dropbox is blocked by our corporate firewall. So how can I sync my work PC?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

1Password for Windows includes only Dropbox sync'ing.

1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, includes an option to sync your 1Password data manually over a temporary wi-fi connection to the 1Password app on a mobile device.

• Rothrock42
    Rothrock42
    Community Member

So is there any other way to get my passwords over to Windows? Can I copy over a back up or some such thing? Even if it isn't a continous feed type thing?

A coworker also told me today that even though DropBox is blocked, Google Drive isn't. Is there a way I could use it to do this?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you used 1Password for Mac's "sync to folder" option, putting the sync point on Google Drive, you might be able to read the .agilekeychain folder into 1Password for Windows. We do not test or support this practice, though.

• Rothrock42
    Rothrock42
    Community Member

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see how it works. I'll make a backup first!

• Rothrock42
    Rothrock42
    Community Member

Oh yeah this isn't going to work either. Because now it won't sync to my iOS devices. I notice that on my phone I can turn on File Sharing — what is that?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry that I'm not familiar with the intricacies of 1Password for iOS, @Rothrock‌, so I don't know the answer to your question about File Sharing. I ask that you post that question in the 1Password for iOS forum, where it will get the attention of our experts there.

Thanks for your patience. Please let us know what you find out!

This discussion has been closed.