How to access account from 1Password

Options

I have created new passwords for two banking accounts and facebook so far. I don't understand how to access those accounts from 1Password. When I click the appropriate account, I get the detail page to open in 1Password but I don't actually access the account.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pekellyco Please install 1Password web browser extensions here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

Then when you are on facebook.com you can click the 1Password button in your web browser have 1Password log into that web site automatically (assuming you have a Login item for facebook in your 1Password keychain).

Are you reading our introduction? http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There are several ways:

• In your web browser, go to the site's login page, and click on the 1Password button.

• In your web browser, click on the 1Password button, and search for the Login item for the site you want to visit.

• In the main 1Password program, select the Login item, and click on the Location field in the Detail area.

We always recommend that new users take a few minutes to take a few minutes to read the “Introduction,” “Getting Started,” and “Tutorials” sections of the user’s guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site. They’re short (and a tad out of date, in a couple of places), but they’re still the quickest way to get the most out of 1Password. As you use 1Password, we believe you’ll find the information in the “FAQ” section to be of use, as well.

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, here is one of many frustrations. I have read your web based pages and they don't make sense to me. I tried your suggestions for logging into Facebook. I open Facebook, it is still using my original user name, opened the 1Password icon on the tool bar, tried it and now Facebook indicates that I am using the wrong password. Frustration again.

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I got Facebook to work. I think the problem was that I generated the new password from the 1Password page instead of the actual site, i.e., in this case the Facebook page. I sure glad I only had entered three sites.

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

Ok now the system won't work on my bank sign in page. I use my original sign in. The next page appears for my password. I hit the 1Password page. The box appears indicates three major items: "Fill login," "Go to Fill login" and "Save login". Pushing those buttons only generates another item for the same site. For example, bank1, bank2, etc. Again, I don't know what I am doing wrong.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We always recommend that you allow 1Password auto-save do the hard work for you.

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/saving-a-Login-item.html

Out of curiosity, didn't you see this message?

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I have looked at so many of your pages as a result of google searches, I don't remember. I just tried following the directions on your link and they still don't work for me. I saved the login, no problem. Then I tired the button the said login into generic bank. The page entitled Login Frame appeared and it's completely blank. Problem with Internet Explorer 11?

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

Now I have an IE error message. I'll try to reinstall #11 as per your suggestion.

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

Now I have another major problem. The Microsoft site won't let me reinstall IE#11. I went to the control panel to where one uninstalls programs. It is not listed. Any suggestions?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pekellyco‌ I'm going to ask @DBrown‌ or @AlexHoffmann‌ to give you a call. Thank you for hanging in there!

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I found how to reset IE. Then I had to find how to reinstall 1Password button on toolbar, done. Erased all password for set bank in 1Password. When back to bank login page and entered correct login and password. Used 1Password, saved login, hit login and got a blank login page again. I'm spending hours on this. I think the problem is really IE with this particular problem.

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I got my major bank to work. However, my major credit card site ends up with the blank login page.

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I created two login for the credit card page, one for the login and one for the password. I still ended up with a blank login page yet the same process worked for my bank other than the bank used two pages and the credit card one page.

• pekellyco
    pekellyco
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know why but I got the credit card account to work finally!

• That is great news @pekellyco‌ !

Please tell us if we can do anything see for you.

This discussion has been closed.