Locked Out

Well, I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I downloaded 1Password 4 for PC yesterday at the office, and downloaded it for Mac at home last night. So far, so good. This morning, logged in with the Android app. No problem. Got into work, on my PC, and got an error with the Chrome Extension. Followed the steps it suggested. Uninstalled--changed settings to not sync extensions--installed older extension (not 4). Okay. Fine. Then, I couldn't login with my master password to the app on the pc, or using the extension, or on my phone. Nothing worked. Shut down my PC at the end of the day. At home, tried on phone again, and I could log in again. I thought the issue was solved. Logged in on the MAC. No problem. Went to a website on the Chrome browser, tried to save login/password, couldn't log into 1Password through the extension. Tried the app directly. Can't get in. Tried the app on the phone. Can't get in. So that's where I currently sit. Locked out again. And all of these times that I can't get in, it says my password is incorrect. It is not. The successful tries have been with the same password as the unsuccessful. I have typed out each character painstakingly slowly to assure I am not thwarting myself with a typo, but it is exactly right, but it still tells me the password is wrong. I suspect this has to do with the Mac/PC Chrome Extension problem, but I have looked around at the forum and twitter feed, and no one else seems to be having this issue that I have. I have no idea how to fix this, and it's making me want to give up on 1Password completely.

Comments

• stevesalisbury
    stevesalisbury
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I know that my password is correct but I am locked out. Looks like that was £5.99 down the drain! Is there anyway to override the system? If there is then it's a daft system anyway. Very disappointed.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

got an error with the Chrome Extension

What error?

it says my password is incorrect. It is not.

What versions of Windows and Mac and iOS are you using? How are your sync settings configured on Mac and iOS?

• JerAdvocate
    JerAdvocate
    Community Member

Yeah . . . . .I had sent an email to support, and got a reply from Ben after I posted this, but before I saw the response, and as much as I hate to admit it, I am the one who totally screwed up. There was nothing wrong with the program. At some point, I had gotten it into my stupid head that a part of my master password had an extra letter that it really didn't have. :-/ So, when Ben suggested that I type the password into notepad first, then copy and paste it into the login for 1Password, it made me cock my head a bit when I saw it in writing in front of me. Apparently, the couple of times that I had gotten to log in (which just confused troubleshooting it) was when I "accidentally" typed the password CORRECTLY. My apologies for those of you at Agilebits who had to treat this like a real issue, when it was just me having a memory malfunction. And I was CERTAIN that I had the password correct. It just goes to show that when you are troubleshooting an issue, don't assume anything. As Sherlock Holmes says, "Once you have ruled out the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Thank you, svondutch, for replying, but my (entirely self-created) problem is solved. A very humbling experience. Cheers!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

It's OK, @JerAdvocate. We're glad you have such a good, strong master password!

Thanks for letting us know everything's working for you.

This discussion has been closed.