How to force 1Password for Windows to sync with DropBox

Options

Hello I'm running several instance of 1Password on Apple machine .. and the sync with DropBox is workfine, ...
... but when I add new entries on the 1P Windows side, the change in not reflected on the Apple side.
I was not able to find any "Sync Now" button on the 1P 4 W as there is for iPhone or iPad ...

How to force a "brand new" sync without loosing my entrie on 1P 4 W side ?

Best Regards

Bernard

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Bernard.

It sounds like you're using Dropbox sync'ing on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Is that correct?

If so, do you have Dropbox installed on the PC, and is it associated with the same Dropbox account?

On the General tab of 1Password preferences on your PC, what is the full path and filename shown in the 1Password Data Folder field?

• bchabot
    bchabot
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Yes : I'm running 1PW on iMac, iPad, iPhone & a PC under Windows XP ...
    Yes : I have DropBox installed on my PC ...
    No : It is not associated with the same DropBox account :
    - On Apple "side" I'm using a "Perso" DropBox account
    - On PC "side" I'm using a "Pro" DropBox account
    And the folder named "1Password.agilekeychain" is shared between the 2 accounts
    Yes : The full path and filename is shown in the 1Password Data filed ...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's simplest to associate Dropbox on all the computers and devices with the same Dropbox account—that way, you automatically get your 1Password data on all of them.

Using Dropbox's built-in "share folder" feature to share the .agilekeychain folder with a different Dropbox account should work fine, though. I can confirm that it works in XP, as one of my own test machines runs XP, and I share and sync my own 1Password data among it, two other PCs, a Mac, and an iPhone.

If you add an item in 1Password on your Mac, does it get sync'ed to the PC and appear in 1Password for Windows?

• bchabot
    bchabot
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Just to tell you you can closed this thread ... I now I using the multiple vault feature with new DropBox folder ....
    ... and it work very fine

Thanks

Bernard

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, Bernard—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.