Chrome Extension not locking

Options
DBrown
DBrown
1Password Alumni
edited May 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was split from the Chrome Extension not locking thread in the "1Password 4 for Windows beta" forum.

Comments

• campsbayrich
    campsbayrich
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm not sure if this should be posted in this forum or not, but I'm experiencing the same issues. I'm not using the Beta version. Below are my specs:

1Password App: Version 1.0.9.340
    Chrome: Version 34.0.1847.131
    Extension: Version 3.9.21.90

I've emailed the diagnostic report to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What are the settings of these options in 1Password preferences?

• Show 1Password running in the notification area (General tab)

• All three Auto-lock options (Security tab)

Thanks!

• campsbayrich
    campsbayrich
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks @DBrown‌

All of those options are checked.

• SGervais
    SGervais
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm having the same problem with what appears to be the same setup. Once I log into my computer and initially sign in to 1Password, I don't have to sign in again no matter what I do with my Chrome browser.

Chrome Version 34.0.1847.131

1Password Extension 3.9.21.90

I've checked the same settings as mentioned above and also have all options checked.

I also have a MacBook Pro with chrome installed and 1Password 4. Until I stopped syncing extensions, Chrome on my windows machine tried to sync and install the 1Password 4.1.1.90 extension along with the already installed 3.9.21.90 extension. Only the 3.9.21.90 versions was ever active....but thought I'd mention it.

Stephen

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SGervais, you may want to consider working with 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development. If you're interested, you can join the thousands of people already doing so by signing up for the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

I'd be interested to hear whether it behaves as expected, in this regard.

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@campsbayrich and @SGervais, do you have any antivirus or similar software running in Windows or (as extensions) in Chrome itself?

I ask because they’re notorious for messing with the Helper, which is responsible for locking the 1Password browser extensions.

If you do, please try disabling them temporarily. If that solves the problem, you can re-enable them, one at a time, until the problem reappears; then let us know which one was the culprit.

• SGervais
    SGervais
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I am aware of the beta for Windows though I haven't switched to it yet. I am signed up for the program and will find some time to make the switch later this week. Once I've made the switch and I'll report back.

My workstation's antivirus program is updated by my school district IT office. I cannot disable the program at this time per policies set and enforced on my workstation by the IT folks. We're using Sophos.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you're using Sophos, @SGervais, you might try these steps (from the user's guide):

Sophos Endpoint Security and Control

1. From the Windows “start” menu, choose Run.
    2. In the dialog box that appears, type services.msc; then click the OK button.
    3. Locate and double-click the Sophos Web Intelligence service.
    4. For Startup type, select Manual; then click the OK button.
    5. Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

Please let us know how it goes.

• campsbayrich
    campsbayrich
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DBrown‌.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not running any anti-virus besides the standard "Windows Defender" which is included with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I've signed up to the Beta program, but to be honest I'm a little hesitant to use any Beta for something as sensitive as password protection.

I've had some improvement though, in that the app and the extension now lock when the computer is locked or after the time defined time out.

The only issue that I'm now experiencing is that the app and the extension need to be locked and unlocked independently (I have checked "Enable Universal Unlock"). I've tried disabling all of my extensions in Chrome (except for 1Password) but that hasn't changed the behaviour at all.

It's not the biggest inconvenience though, so I'm not too phased.

Thanks

Richard

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thousands of people (including me, with my own personal data) are using 1Password 4 for Windows. As long as you've left 1Password's built-in backup feature enabled and/or you're observing a prudent backup regimen, you can always recover your data, even if some kind of failure were to occur.

The beta includes some lovely improvements in the locking behavior that we hope you'll find even more convenient.

If you like, you can sign up here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

If you do, let us know in the beta forum what you think!

This discussion has been closed.