no data shown in 1password for windows when opening 1password for OS X file

Options

1 Password 4 installed on Mac, imported ("wifi synced") from phone, works fine on OS X. Whn I open the data file created by folder sync on windows, 1 Password asks for the master password then shows no data at all. This should work right?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you're using wi-fi sync between your Mac and iPhone, there's no local copy of your 1Password data for 1Password for Windows to see.

You need to use wi-fi sync'ing on the PC, too, but that exists only in 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development. If you're interested, you can join the thousands of people already working with 1Password 4 for Windows by signing up for the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

In 1Password 1 for Windows, the only sync technology is Dropbox, which allows you to share and sync your 1Password data among all your computers and mobile devices running 1Password. It also happens automatically, unlike wi-fi sync'ing (which depends on your remembering to keep your data in sync).

• iamnotmad
    iamnotmad
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hello DBrown, sorry, I wrote that too quickly and was not clear. I have used 1p on my device stand-alone and independent for years. After just purchasing a desktop and updated device license I setup the following:

1) Installed 1P4 on OS X.

2) Did a wifi sync from my device to OS X. This worked fine, I can see all my data in 1P4 in OSX.

3) Created a folder sync location on OS X with 1P4 which created a copy of my data file.

4) Shared that Directory on my network.

5) Installed 1P1 for Windows on Windows on the same network.

6) Opened the "File Synced" 1P file from the Windows installation

7) 1P on Windows asked for my Master PW for that file, which I entered.

Result: The data file apparently opened, however no data is displayed.

I also tried just copying the folder to windows and opening it locally, that resulted in the same thing. after entering my master PW, none of my data is displayed.

I hope that is clearer. Happy to answer any clarifying questions, but would love to get this to work.

Side note1: not currently interested in DropBox Sharing, I am ok with a manual wifi sync for now.

Side note2: I opened the same "folder synced" file on 1P3 on an older OS X on the same network and that displays my data just fine from the same file the windows version will not show any data.

Thanks.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iamnotmad‌ This is weird indeed. If possible, can you send us a screen shot of what you're seeing on Windows? Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In addition to @svondutch's question, can you tell us the full name of the folder-sync'ed 1Password data folder? Just curious.

• iamnotmad
    iamnotmad
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks guys, sent logs, screenshot to svondutch via email. I appreciate the support.

This discussion has been closed.