Syncing Out of Sync - Windows and iOS

Options

So.... this is a bit complicated, but I will try to make it as clear as possible.

I have an iPhone, iPad, WinXp, and Win7 machine all using 1Password -- all syncing via dropbox. I have noticed small glitches from time to time, but everything was working pretty well until recently. About 3 weeks ago, from what I can gather. In trying to sort this out, I noticed in my Dropbox a "1Password" folder created on 4/15 which had 1 password in it. The folder will not open, however, using "open 1Password Data Folder" from the File menu. I believe it was created because of an iPad app update; because within the last couple of days, iPad version, for some reason, suddenly asked me to set up syncing; which was already set up before.

Another important thing to note is that I entered a test record of "Mickey Mouse" this evening and it propagated to all devices.

Now.... the problem(s) and what prompted me to look for the problem(s). Around the date of 4/15, not sure exactly, I used the iPad to add a new "Wireless Network" record to 1Password. A few days later, I opened up 1Password in Windows to look up that password and noticed it wasn't there even though I was sure I entered it. Upon investigation, I noticed a FOLDER for "Wireless Networks" which included a record for a previously entered SOFTWARE instead of the wireless network record. The wireless network is not in any version of the app. All versions have the Software record in this folder.

I noticed that the iPhone and iPad had different record counts in the categories, but the total for "All Items" was the same. After setting the syncing for iPad, the iOS records/counts were the same. I also noticed that the Windows and iOS versions have different record counts in the categories. Another thing is that the Categories are different between the iOS and Windows versions.

Sidenote: While sitting here typing this post I have been opening the different versions to compare record counts/categories/folders. I also opened "Anywhere" from dropbox to see what it showed. Suddenly, 1Password for Windows slowed considerably and Dropbox reported 309 files updated. When 1Password became responsive again, the "Accounts" category count was updated with 6 less accounts in it than a few minutes ago. I recall there being "FTP" account record "TYPE" records which are now gone!!

Ok...... back to my post..... the records counts between the Windows and iOS versions still don't match; even though the two windows versions (now updated again as of a few minutes ago) match each other and the two iOS versions match each other.

I don't know which records are missing from the Windows versions; but the total count is off by 20 while the "Logins" category is off by 7. The Windows version has an "Accounts" category from which the 6 accounts just disappeared. The iOS versions have a "Passwords" category which has 21 items which are the same items in a TYPE "Password History" under the "Unassigned" folder.

The total count disparity of 20 items is the same now as it was before the 6 items disappeared from the two Windows machines in the update a few moments ago.

So.... between the count disparity, the categories coming and going, the WIFI Network entry turning into a previously entered Software entry.... something big is wrong.

Comments

• Hey @GreywolfComputer‌,

Thanks for writing in with your problem.
    We're sorry for the frustration here.

Can you please tell us whether the data on your iOS device(s) is complete and current?
    I believe that the best course of action would be to reset the data on your devices starting with one 1Password vault and then restarting sync.

I'd love to provide you with detailed steps. The rough version is this: Disable Dropbox sync on the iOS devices » Save a copy of the data from one iOS device to the PC(s) using iTunes File Transfer »» Restart Dropbox sync with the new data on the PCs and second iOS device.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.