Problem after upgrade — "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" [try reinstalling app]

Options
13»

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @tracym1471,

Sorry to hear about your trouble! There isn't a single solution for this so here are suggestions that may help (some previously mentioned and which you may have already tried):

First, refer to this support article for troubleshooting tips:

1Password fails to fill data

In particular, if you happen to have Sophos Antivirus software running please take a look at @JasperP's post here for details about configuring Sophos:

Proven Solution (post #33)

Reinstalling the application may work, as @JasperP described earlier in:

Proven Solution (post #40)

And if you still can't resolve the problem, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Thank you!

• wendell
    wendell
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled the app as directed but now when reinstalling it, I have no passwords in the new version. Fortunately, I still have the old extension in Chrome so I haven't lost my passwords yet but would like to make sure that does NOT happen.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @wendell,

I'm sorry that the 1Password application isn't finding your data after uninstalling/reinstalling. The reinstallation instructions in Jasper's post will not remove any 1Password data so I'm not quite sure what happened. It sounds like multiple versions of the application and/or extension were, and might still be, installed.

So we can better help you get this sorted out without losing any data, please email us a Diagnostics Report as suggested my last reply (post #62). You must still have data somewhere if you're able to access it through the Chrome extension. It just needs to be "reconnected" with the correct application again. :)

Thanks!

• sectorchan
    sectorchan
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi,

I encounter this error message aswell.
    To my background. I've always used 1pw for backup my data to my NAS at home.
    recently I've updated to the latest version of 1pw but since then I've getting this error message every time when I'm trying to access my 1pw datas.
    I'm no more able to start 1pw and thats really annoying because at the current stage 1pw should be realible :( I'm sending you my diagnostic log because reinstalling like on post 40 describing doesn'T work :(

sadly I can not download the diag tool since safari is not able to find the server, maybe you could have a look on it?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

For downloading the Mac diagnostics tool the link at the top of this page works for me. Does it work for you?

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sectorchan,

I've updated the older link in my post so it refers to the newer diagnostics report page, same as in @Stephen_C's reply. If you'd like to email us the report we'll look it over and suggest how you can fix the problem you've having. Thanks!

• sectorchan
    sectorchan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

@Stephen_c this link works.

I have an update.
    When I'm at home where I have access to my backup folder on my synology NAS 1PW starts up perfectly!

I have tried it now after running the Tool I could start it without backup connection.
    Neverthless I'll send you the email.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sectorchan,

Glad to hear you've been able to get 1Password started with your NAS backup connection offline!

We've received your email with the reports; thanks for sending that in. We'll look those over and follow up with you more about this as soon as possible.

ref: IJI-55619-128

• sectorchan
    sectorchan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Unfortunately this happens again.
    It takes ages and the beachball occurs, after a while and several notifications that the system was not able to connect to my nas I can open my fault.

It annoys and takes time to click several times on OK until I can use it again.

This discussion has been closed.