Bug with 1password and the latest Firefox

Wini
Wini
Community Member

Hello,

I'm using 1password with Chrome and Firefox extensions since several weeks. Since the last update of the FF browser the extension doesn't seem to work any longer. I can still see the stored logins but when I click on one login the URL of the web site is being loaded but the login form doesn't get filled.
Also if I'm signing up on a new site I didn't get asked to store this login ....

I'm using Firefox v. 29.0.1 and the latest browser extension (3.9.20). I've checked for updates just a few hours ago but I've got the latest versions ....
In Chrome there aren't any problems at all. Any suggestions?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Firefox 29 presented a few problems, though I haven't heard of this one yet. :(

Please try removing the 1Password extension (from within Firefox) and re-installing it (from the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences).

If that doesn't help, I'd invite you to try 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, to see if the 4.x or 4.x-beta extensions give better satisfaction. You can sign up for the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• Wini
    Wini
    Community Member

Okay, thanks. Seems to work now after re-installing!

• superabman
    superabman
    Community Member

Same problem here with FF 29.0.1 and 1P extension 3.9.21.b1. Reinstalling the extension didn't help. Restarting the helper application didn't help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that, @superabman‌.

Using FF 29.0.1 in Windows 7 with 1Password 1.0.9.340 and the 3.9.20 extension for Firefox:

• I clicked on the 1Password button in the FF toolbar and chose a Login item, and the extension opened the correct URL and filled the username and password fields with the saved credentials and submitted the form.

• At a URL for which I have a Login item saved, I pressed Ctrl+\, and the 1Password extension filled the username and password fields with the saved credentials and submitted the form.

Then I updated to the 3.9.21.1.b1 extension and repeated the two tests with the same results: both the 1Password button and Ctrl+\ keystroke performed as expected.

If you can tell us anything that would help us more closely replicate your steps or perhaps cite a URL or two at which the extension is failing, we'd love to see the problem, so we can get things working for you.

Thanks!

• Wini
    Wini
    Community Member

Update from myself, happend just an hour ago:

After unlocking the 1password extension in FF (still 29.0.1) I was choosing one site in the pulldown menue to log me in. The web site was been loaded as usual but the extension didn't filled the form and submitted it. I could reproduce this behaviour with other stored logins too. After shutting down FF and re-starting it it seems to work now.

Well, the extension seems to work a bit unstable with the latest FF ....

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @Wini.

You may want to try working with 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, to see whether the newer 4.x extensions (especially if you select the Enable Betas option) give better results. If you're interested, you can join the thousands of people already working with 1Password 4 for Windows by signing up for the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

If you do, please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.