Getting 1Password data from iOS to Windows

I have recently downloaded the Windows desktop app. I have followed the instructions for getting 1Password data from my iPad to Windows "File, Open 1Password data folder, locate Dropbox file, Apps\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain" but the folder chain then continues to "data\default" and won't open beyond that. If I press "open" on the default file an error message says it is not a 1Password Data Folder.

When I open the same folder chain through the dropbox desktop app I can see the 1Password synced data.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Will

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

You need to press Open on this directory: 1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

• eyebillkid
    eyebillkid
    Community Member

But there is nothing in that directory. That's why the file chain keeps going. In the end I merged this dropbox 1Password folders, even though it advised me not to, and this seems to have worked!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You get that error message because the default file is not a 1Password data folder.

The .agilekeychain folder is the only one you can select. If "there is nothing in that directory", how can "the folder chain then continue to 'data\default'"?

I recommend making sure your automatic backups are running, because merging .agilekeychain folders is not likely to work.

• eyebillkid
    eyebillkid
    Community Member

Thanks for your comment, DBrown.

The only item in the .agilekeychain folder is a folder called 'data'. The only item in the 'data' folder is another folder called 'default'. In this folder I can see lots of 1Password data, which is presumably the data that should be in the .agilekeychainfolder?

I thought about copying this data into the .agilekeychainfolder and deleting the rogue folders, but I'm concerned I might lose all my passwords etc. Any further thoughts?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014

The only item in the .agilekeychain folder is a folder called 'data'. The only item in the 'data' folder is another folder called 'default'.

This is OK. Please open the .agilekeychain folder (not any of it's sub-folders) here: File > Open 1Password Data

I thought about copying this data into the .agilekeychainfolder and deleting the rogue folders

Please do not do this. You'll corrupt your keychain.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As I said, an .agilekeychain folder is the only folder type you can select for use as a 1Password data folder. :)

This discussion has been closed.