Browser Extension Data + Copying Questions

I have been backing up my 1PW agilekeychain on my MAC to a USB drive in the mistaken belief that I could open it in 1PW 1 for Windows 7 on a laptop and it would be up to date. I can open it from the Windows App but the login data is out of date even after immediately copying
the MAC keychain (which I note doesn't update very often even after changing some login data.) More concerning is that even after deleting every reference to 1Password and uninstalling it from Windows I can still open it from the Chrome extension - without the USB drive connected and view logins etc. Can someone say where this data is stored wrt Chrome.

Is there a way to simply copy the required data files from 1PW 4 for MAC to a USB drive and open it in Windows? My objective is not to store any log in data on the lWindows laptop only the application.

I don't want to use a cloud syncing service - thanks.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I can open it from the Windows App but the login data is out of date even after immediately copying the MAC keychain

Does your Mac sync to the .agilekeychain folder?

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

@ svondutch - thanks for your reply. I haven't set any syncing up. However I've now created a sync folder on my MAC the agilekeychain that is placed there is current i.e. as of today's date. The keychain that is in user/library/application support/1Password/xxx is about 2 weeks out of date even though I have made changes. (That is the file I have been copying for USB use on 1PW for W7) The 1password.sql file in user/library1Password4/Data is up to date of course. So I don't understand why the agilekeychain in the library//// folder isn't in step.

Also I'd like to know where the chrome extension stores its data if anyone can help.

1Password is a good product but like many others I feel the detailed documentation has always been lacking when it comes to explaining the detail, although I recognise that many don't care how it works as long as it does.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014

I haven't set any syncing up.

If you want your Mac to sync to your agilekeychain folder, then you need to set up syncing (either Dropbox or folder sync, depending where your agilekeychain folder is). See screen shot above.

Also I'd like to know where the chrome extension stores its data

The version 3 extension has an internal database. This database is automatically deleted when you remove the version 3 extension from Chrome: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/uninstalling_extensions.html

The version 4 extension does not have an internal database. You can sign up for the version 4 beta here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• eltel
    eltel
    Community Member

@ svondutch - thanks for your help.

• Hi @eltel,

On behalf of Stefan, you're welcome. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.